diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark ALL-IN-ONE SOLAR GENERATOR HYBRID INVERTER ?

luisenriquereyes

Anyone with experience, opinions on the Sol-Ark
ALL-IN-ONE SOLAR GENERATOR HYBRID INVERTER ?

Doubt it, but would love to know.

They're a small Texas based company, they don't have dedicated installers or a supply chain to local distributors so solar installers don't generally deal with them. They couldn't just buy their way into the market like Tesla did. The chief engineer is ex-Military and they've had military contracts so seem viable (privately held, so finances aren't available). Woman owned too, which helps with those government contracts. The 8k isn't their first product either; they had (have?) a 3K inverter before that and probably products they can't talk about.

I looked into them, on paper they have one sweet product provided you'll never want more than 10kW. I wanted to go that way, but it isn't NEMA3r and I couldn't locate it internally due to a series of unfortunate events that kept ratcheting up the price of the BOS to where it collapsed (not just them, any string inverter just won't pan out). But, if the service entrance is accessible, the load center near it, then it is dead simple.

This one hour webinar video by a Sol- Ark engineer manager seems to do a good comparison of different systems.

And here is an unboxing from a professional:

I am new to all this so what is your professional opinion after watching the webinar and the unboxing?

You'd have to find a professional for that. But, I'd seen those before so no change for me.

Back