diy solar

diy solar

Sol Ark Low Power Mode?

mvonw

Solar Addict
I noticed in the Sol Ark App (I have a 12K) there is a setting named "LowPowerMode" I don't recall seeing this before, or documented. Maybe something relevant to another model?

1682376695588.png

Is this the MySolArk App or PV Pro?
I don’t remember seeing this in PV Pro but then again I hardly use it.

I'm guessing if load is less than X watts, then you have the option to stop the inverter, and it enters a type of sleep mode, waiting for something to do.

Never seen anything like that in PV Pro. Interesting though.

I saw it yesterday too. I think it was added with an update to PV Pro.

No idea what it does, or if it even functions.

I would guess that it's a standby/sleep mode.
Someone else will have to confirm that.

These 2 modes were released back in February for Sunsynk/Deye inverters. Explanation video here,

Looks like these 2 options were made available to Sol-Ark by Deye now.
Watching this video, this looks like a great idea in the middle of the night when the battery has run empty, to shut down the inverter until solar comes back up in the morning. Not a huge savings of 60ish watts at idle or even low usage, but over a long period of time, thats a not insignificant amount of power saved.

Anybody try it yet? And does the firmware need to be flashed first to the newest version?

I also see a Low Noise setting also.
I assume that is fan noise setting and not electrical noise?
sounds like it’s time to call Sol-Ark.

I also see a Low Noise setting also.
I assume that is fan noise setting and not electrical noise?
sounds like it’s time to call Sol-Ark.
Just tried to call them and everyone is busy assisting other customers. I had to leave a message.

This is the 3rd time I've called them since the system went online, and not been able to talk to someone right away. The last 2 times was several hours. Granted it was same day, whereas other manufacturers I don't hear back from for a week or longer sometimes.

Just tried to call them and everyone is busy assisting other customers. I had to leave a message.

This is the 3rd time I've called them since the system went online, and not been able to talk to someone right away. The last 2 times was several hours. Granted it was same day, whereas other manufacturers I don't hear back from for a week or longer sometimes.
If I remember right @robby mentioned that Sol Ark is in the process of moving to a new facility so there could be issues with support for a little while.

Back