diy solar

diy solar

Solar Input Current Different Than Coulometer

Leep

I recently installed the DIY 400 watt solar system shown in Will's YouTube video (major components listed below). I recently switched the panels from a parallel setup to a series group, as shown in the diagram here on his website. I am currently doing some testing with this setup, and noticed that the solar AH input shown on the MT-50 differs quite a bit from the AiLi Voltmeter (it was cloudy when I took this photo). Does anyone know why this might be the case, and which reading is the accurate one? I admit that I am completely new to solar and do not know all the ins and outs. I basically followed the blueprint. Photo shown below.

Major components list:
• 1 100AH Battle Born Battery
• AiLi Voltmeter Ammeter Voltage Current Meter Voltmeter Ammeter 100V 350A Caravan RV Motorhome 999 AH
• Power Inverter Pure Sine Wave 1200Watt 12V DC to 110V 120V with Remote Control Dual AC Outlets and USB Port for CPAP RV Car Solar System Emergency
• Bussmann CB185-50 CB185 Series Automotive Circuit Breaker (Plug In Mounting, 50 Amps, Blade Terminal Connection)
• WindyNation ANL Fuse Holder + ANL Fuse (2pcs 250A Fuse)
• Richsolar 4 Pieces 100 Watt Polycrystalline 100W 12V Solar Panel High Efficiency Poly Module RV Marine Boat Off Grid (4pcs)
• EPEVER 40A MPPT Solar Charge Controller 100V PV Max Input Negative Ground LiFePo4 Battery Charger W/ MT50 Remote Meter & Temperature Sensor Tracer4210

Attachments

• IMG_4520.jpg
    IMG_4520.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 9
Are both measuring off the same shunt?
Are the milivolt settings matched to the shunt?
If they are using different stunts, are they on the same side of the solar charge controller?

I diagram of the system showing how the two meters are set up would be usefull

The MT-50 is measuring directly from the solar charge controller (plugged into it) and the shunt is connected directly off the negative terminal of the battery with no appliances between the two. All negatives are attached to a bus bar after the shunt.

Yep the MT 50 is showing incoming from PV
The Ali is showing from SCC to battery it will always be more.

You have more volts from PV than from SCC to battery creating less amps from PV

If you calculate watts in to SCC and watts out you will see the numbers are much closer but still different due to losses from SCC

Back