diy solar

diy solar

SOLD 305W LG Neon's FS - PA

42OhmsPA

What's in a title?
Edit to add FS link.
Send me a PM if you're interested. Pricing will be better for forum members.

End edit.

For anyone selling on Craigslist don't fall for scams...
Screenshot_20231216-170048.jpg

Last edited:
So the 6-digit number was sent by a different number?

What would you need to do with the 6-digit number to fall for the scam?

Yes, they send it from a separate number then ask you to send them that number so they can do any number of things.
In this case the code I received would have been used to create a google voice number with my number, who knows what they would have done with it.

Yeah, I got one of these when I was trying to sell something on Craigslist. They got mad when I called them a scammer.

Did you just make up a number to send to them so their 2FA failed?

As much as it surprises me because I am resistant to installing apps for everything, I really like Craigslist's chat feature now. It's so much easier.

I wasn't sold on it until I was buying something and the seller said chat only.
I didn't even know this existed. Thank you.

So the 6-digit number was sent by a different number?

What would you need to do with the 6-digit number to fall for the scam?
There are several variations and different things for different places
One "generalist" method is:
You know someone / know enough info on them / work at company that has those numbers / got a database from a databreach of some website

have their phone number, login to their.. gmail or anything else. now you're stuck at the "need 6 digit code" screen
text that person with some bs thing, get the code sent.. you get that code pasted back to you

Also why these sites that have "send me the code" are pretty crap by design. The code should be immediately sent upon attempting to login, and you can re-request the code if needed. Also alerting people when new IPs login their accounts is pretty straight forward

As much as it surprises me because I am resistant to installing apps for everything, I really like Craigslist's chat feature now. It's so much easier.

I wasn't sold on it until I was buying something and the seller said chat only.
damn is that new? I just posted something a week ago and didn't see it
That's the app only?

stupid question, why would anyone want or use 2FA on craigslist? The only thing I use 2FA for is to log into accounts....
That's the scam, they use 2FA to create a google voice number with your number.

That's the scam, they use 2FA to create a google voice number with your number.
lol dummies. You can just get a new number every month on tello to register google voices per number. I even have a google voice I registered with a different google voice like 10 years ago, still works.

The last line of my listing says contact by chat only and then I get a chat message today like "I really need them I've been trying to reach you, call or text me at XXXXXXXXX." Dude...

Or is the scamming just this common? I haven't sold much on CL before, mostly bought.

It seems like it's the world we live in now a days. I haven't sold much on Craigslist either, everything I have has had some kind of scammer contacting.

Back