diy solar

diy solar

Solid State Batteries available in 2024?

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
... Sakuu announced... it has successfully ... developed a new 3D printing manufacturing process that it says will allow low cost production of solid-state batteries with an energy density of 1200 Wh/L by ...[2024] ref
Not quite double the energy density of today's LFP, but respectable. Not sure I believe the 12/23 date in the article, normally to build a manufacturing plant takes longer. But I know crap about 3D printing as a manufacturing technique. In a normal factory, you have to have all the parts and materials of at least one manufacturing string before you can build any product. But it seems like with a 3D printer, each printer added just increases volume and reduces costs. So maybe?

This is some great news! As for 12/23, if they have the idea of how to print them, it is more that possible. They only need an empty warehouse with racking to place printers farms…. You hire a few employees to take care of the raw material and the finished product, then you start selling… Meanwhile you automate the process to replace these employees ans boost your production… ?

D9D98718-8E1B-423C-826D-B822BC35306A.jpeg

Would VW lie?

AFAIK, still none available on the commercial market to buy (I did see the 2023 video where Will bought something that said it was a solid-state battery, but it obviously wasn't).

Back