diy solar

diy solar

Solved! EG4 Lifepower4, 6000xp, and solar assistant

orion7144

I have the 6000xp wired to the EG4 comm hub, hub to batteries, and the last battery in chain is also connected to SA. Pins 1 and 2 to the USB usb to serial adapter. I get good communications with the Inverter and SA and I can connect to, and see all 3 batteries. My problem that I have to hit disconnect and connect again to update the battery information. It keeps saying no response untill I disconnect and re-connect. Batteries were updated as well as the Hub to enable the inverter comms. Tried battery id's 1,2,3 and 2,3,4. Both do the same. The hub has to be on ID 0

Any ideas?

Last edited:
It would help if you let us know the batteries you have (i.e. EG4 LL, EG4 LL-XX or EG4 LifePower4)
The EG4 batteries will communicate with the EG4 hub on pins 7&8. The batteries need to have addresses from 1 to XXX and the hub is address 0. SA will happily communicate with the batteries on an RS485 to USB Converter that uses pins 1&2 not pins 7&8 as these are used by the hub. Ensure your cable to SA is using pins 1&2, if it uses pins 7&8 it will conflict with the hub. You might also want to ensure all batteries are using the same firmware. In addition the latest firmware at least for EG4 LifePower4 batteries changes the RS485 bus baud rate on pins 7&9 to 19200 while the RS486 bus on pins 1&2 remains at 9600. Also you need to select "Narada" for the connection to EG4 LifePower4 batteries (if you have EG4 LifePower4 batteries)

It would help if you let us know the batteries you have (i.e. EG4 LL, EG4 LL-XX or EG4 LifePower4)
The EG4 batteries will communicate with the EG4 hub on pins 7&8. The batteries need to have addresses from 1 to XXX and the hub is address 0. SA will happily communicate with the batteries on an RS485 to USB Converter that uses pins 1&2 not pins 7&8 as these are used by the hub. Ensure your cable to SA is using pins 1&2, if it uses pins 7&8 it will conflict with the hub. You might also want to ensure all batteries are using the same firmware. In addition the latest firmware at least for EG4 LifePower4 batteries changes the RS485 bus baud rate on pins 7&9 to 19200 while the RS486 bus on pins 1&2 remains at 9600. Also you need to select "Narada" for the connection to EG4 LifePower4 batteries (if you have EG4 LifePower4 batteries)
My title says Lifepower4 batteries and my description shows I am using pins 1 and 2. It also explains I can get initial communications but times out after it gets data.

Back