diy solar

diy solar

Victron with 12v Lifepower4

bryansifsof44

Hi I’m trying to help a cousin out with his Victron Quattro-II 12/3000 paired with a 12v Lifepower4 in his commercial fishing boat. We are trying to get closed loop to communicate between battery and inverter. I see with the LL with the screen you could set protocol, but unsure how you do it without a communications hub with screen. It looks like the communications hub is only available in 48v. Is closed loop communications possible?

This is his components in his system:
Lifepower4 EG4 LL 400AH 12 battery
Victron Quattro-II inverter
Lynx distributor 1000
Smart solar charger MPPT 75-15
Orion-Tr Smart 12-12 DC/DC charger
Victron 500 AMP Smart Shunt

Attachments

• IMG_9880.jpeg
    IMG_9880.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 4
Pretty sure you will need a Cerbo or Venus os device. The ve.bus connector on the Quattro isn't designed for battery comms.

48V EG4 communicates with Cerbo via BMS-CAN port.

I do not know if the 12V works.

According to the changelog as of v3.10, Pylontech 12V batteries are supported. Given that the 48V EG4/Trophy/SOK all use the same pylontech protocol, I would EXPECT the 12V to work, but I would confirm with EG4 first.

A cerbo would be needed for battery communication as well as utilizing BMS-CAN. I will have to verify information with the changelog of the Communication Hub. As far as I am aware, the Communication Hub only works with 48v LIfePower4 batteries currently.

It appears that this version of the 12v LL batteries exclusively features RS485 communication on the BMS board. Therefore, to utilize closed-loop with Victron, a device like the CommHub would be necessary. However, since it is designed for the LifePower4 48v battery that we offer, I am still waiting for a response about the posibility of working with the 12v LL.

Back