diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 ll closed loop com with sma via lifepower4 and com hub?

carlsonultimate

So I've been trying to get closed loop com to work with my eg4-ll v1 48v battery pack and sma inverter. From digging through threads I have found no solution. I haven't heard anyone pitch this solution though. What if I bought a lifepower4 unit with com hub, which says it supports closed loop with sma and put it in the master position for the pack. From what I've read lifepower4 can communicate with eg4-ll so sounds like it should work. Has anyone tried this?

That's amazing, that's the first response I've gotten that says closed loop is possible with SMA. Is this a recent occurrence?
I have ordered a DTECH cable from amazon as some people have said is the correct cable (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076WVFXN8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8)
I haven't updated the firmware on my batteries yet is this the correct process?
Turn off all batteries
flip dip switch for master battery all up (o)
plug in usb to RJ45 cable to master battery and laptop
flip master battery on
open EG4 LL V1 updater.exe
Import the HEX file fore SMA
Open Comport
Start update
close comport

Repeat same process for all batteries in pack

Thanks for your help!

I was not able to find a good video demonstrating a firmware update for the EG4LL V1. However, here is the update guide. Also, I believe this was recently added when the EG4LL V1 firmware was made available again under the legacy products.

Attachments

• EG4LL V1 update guide.pdf
    442.4 KB · Views: 4
Back