diy solar

diy solar

SRNE 12kW IP65 HES and 10kW ASP

How are you connecting the two wires on L1 and the two wires on L2 from each inverter?

I don't think I've ever seen a 100A quad breaker.
It will either be the Loads from each inverter to a polaris connector to 100A double pole or the loads from each inverter to there own 60A breaker.
I prefer something easily sourced, carried by many vendors so you can shop for the deal and is cheap.
Same, that's why I'll likely end up using 2 60A double pole.
The stacked lugs are cheap, about $7 each. Takes 2. Small breaker panel with 80A to 100A double pole (if the inverters do output fully in parallel of 10Kw per leg). The breaker will cost more than the panel.
I already have a spare 100A double pole I bought and never used. Actually I will end up using that in the other panel.
I'll draw up a better diagram tomorrow at work during one of my highly productive Teams meetings...

It will either be the Loads from each inverter to a polaris connector to 100A double pole or the loads from each inverter to there own 60A breaker.

Same, that's why I'll likely end up using 2 60A double pole.

I already have a spare 100A double pole I bought and never used. Actually I will end up using that in the other panel.
I'll draw up a better diagram tomorrow at work during one of my highly productive Teams meetings...
Polaris in the trough is my choice. Under $20 each.

I was going to run the inverters to 60Amp 2pole breakers in a spare load centre panel I have, then take a 1awg wire from that to a 100A panel main breaker where I have all my house loads. That sits next to the older commander 200amp service entrance. I was going to have a 100amp breaker from the service entrance to a 100a breaker in the distribution panel (with an interlock) so I can have a bypass. I was also going to have 2 60a breakers in the 200 amp service entrance wired back to the inverters ac input.

I have all of these here. I actually have 2 other smaller panels too, oh, and a generator panel (not connected).

Not 40 space and is a Homeline.

Still more than 2 Polaris type connectors.

Never said it was equal, lol. Don't need 42 circuit panel to land 2 inverter breakers......
The idea was to run the inverter output into a main panel with a pair of double pole backfed breakers. That is four slots. Even with a 40 space panel, that is 10% of the real estate.

Plus one would need to fabricate a rather large interlock if grid power is fed to this panel.

Not 40 space and is a Homeline.

Still more than 2 Polaris type connectors.

The idea was to run the inverter output into a main panel with a pair of double pole backfed breakers. That is four slots. Even with a 40 space panel, that is 10% of the real estate.

Plus one would need to fabricate a rather large interlock if grid power is fed to this panel.
If you put it in your 6" duct, something like this can work. I like it that it can be attached and not floating around in a duct or box.
Many companies make these so look around.

Please note that unlike DC wiring where you want to have a breaker on the gound and positive wires, in an AC circuit the Neutral wires in house wiring do not require a breaker, only the hot wires ( L1, L2) require the breakers. This is acording to all the electrical codes I've ever read in several different regions.

These two diagrams are very different lol
the first one claims each inverter is 10000 watts single phase and the other one is running the offset frequency for split phase

the second one is showing (the proper way with these inverters as far as I've read) the inverters each have 5000 watt split phase and you just combine the L1 and L2

and there wasn't really any question about the neutral lines at all, more of mocking the bad diagram/tables

These inverters can be programmed to run 10kw single phase. I wonder if that is contributing to the diagram confusion. Are their separate diagrams depending on how each inverter is configured? Ie: programmed split phase vs each programmed single phase. I haven’t scrutinized them, just spitballing.

Back