diy solar

diy solar

SunGold SPH10K48SP 10KW 48V SPLIT PHASE SOLAR INVERTER

...and yes I'm beginning to lose heart after spending approximately $10k putting this system together and having it act like this is disheartening. I just want it to work. Particularly something that expensive. I don't want to baby sit it either. Not Ready for Prime Time IMO.

...and yes I'm beginning to lose heart after spending approximately $10k putting this system together and having it act like this is disheartening. I just want it to work. Particularly something that expensive. I don't want to baby sit it either. Not Ready for Prime Time IMO.
Well what troubles me most is the issues we’ve seen so early in the gears lifecycle, I’d expect this on year 4/5 maybe… but this gears brand new out the factory

Well what troubles me most is the issues we’ve seen so early in the gears lifecycle, I’d expect this on year 4/5 maybe… but this gears brand new out the factory
I really think you just had a dud. Electronic components normally fail quick or work for years and years.
Any reply from SGP? I was hesitant to recommend them before based on my experience. I won't be recommending them going forward without warning others, based off what yourself, @Kenny_ and others have gone through.

I really think you just had a dud. Electronic components normally fail quick or work for years and years.
Any reply from SGP? I was hesitant to recommend them before based on my experience. I won't be recommending them going forward without warning others, based off what yourself, @Kenny_ and others have gone through.
Same.

I wouldn't recommend the sph10k48sp but I would still recommend the tp6048. At least if your willing to swap parts if something goes bad from my experience with them. Also I wouldn't buy directly from their store but I will buy from their amazon store from my experience.

The battery part on Kenny_ may be it needed full charging before being put in use. Light House seems to of got a beta product almost since it didn't look like any of the ones everyone else has.

That's my take on it all so far.

Yeah..... I'm writing a missive to Cindy Lou Who right now.... after charging all night the four batteries had all hit 100% by about 6PM but Battery #5 is still at 96.4% SOC this morning... I have seen it notch up a couple of teenths of a percent to 96.6 % so maybe it is still charging but this is ridiculous - the deviant behavior clearly indicates something wrong and the battery should be replaced but Cindy/Support have been ignoring my emails for days now...I'm screaming into the abyss.
If you'd like to send me a DM I can look into your order for you!

I wouldn't recommend the sph10k48sp but I would still recommend the tp6048. At least if your willing to swap parts if something goes bad from my experience with them. Also I wouldn't buy directly from their store but I will buy from their amazon store from my experience.

The battery part on Kenny_ may be it needed full charging before being put in use. Light House seems to of got a beta product almost since it didn't look like any of the ones everyone else has.

Yes. Fully agree. We'll see what happens with the batteries going forward... I already amended my email to Cindy/Sungold to say pretty much that and also that I've been quite disappointed in the support etc.

Yes. Fully agree. We'll see what happens with the batteries going forward... I already amended my email to Cindy/Sungold to say pretty much that and also that I've been quite disappointed in the support etc.
May be a bad battery too. It's just hard to tell just yet. I'm a full believer in fully charging any battery before putting it in use. Especially if its being joined in with other batteries.

If you start out with a level playing field it makes it easy to spot a bad battery once in use.

May be a bad battery too. It's just hard to tell just yet. I'm a full believer in fully charging any battery before putting it in use. Especially if its being joined in with other batteries.

If you start out with a level playing field it makes it easy to spot a bad battery once in use.
Yes, that definitely was a bit of a blunder on my part.
Problem was/is I (and probably any new solar convert) have no way of topping off/equalizing the batteries before connecting them to the inverter. Probably the best I could have done would have been to put the inverter into grid bypass/charging mode as a first step. That should probably be a recommendation in the setup manual (wait, ?? there's a set up manual? LOL!)

Yes, that definitely was a bit of a blunder on my part.
Problem was/is I (and probably any new solar convert) have no way of topping off/equalizing the batteries before connecting them to the inverter. Probably the best I could have done would have been to put the inverter into grid bypass/charging mode as a first step. That should probably be a recommendation in the setup manual (wait, ?? there's a set up manual? LOL!)
LOL yeah the "manuals" leave a good bit to be desired, especially when it comes to labeling what the settings really mean.

They really should warn users to stay in grid mode till the batteries are all fully charged. That's how I charged my battery when first connected. But since I'm using it like a ups (only uses the battery if the power goes out) it was kind of a given method for me :)

I’m actually thinking about grabbing a 6048 at some point for a couple inductive loads I’ve got. I’m looking for a LF secondary

Love mine so far. People knock the idle consumption but the the thing is dead on reliable. If it wasn't for the forum I would forget I even own it.
I remember you mentioning 6048 early on to me and that was my original route, these rascals following @42OhmsPA talked me into HF tho!! Lol, it’s all good. We’ll see what happens on round two. I lose this next one in under a year it’s hitting the trashcan

Back