diy solar

diy solar

Temperature sensor calibration

SoakedUp

Solar Enthusiast
Has anyone else had issues with the victron temp sensors for the multiplus or cerbo gx devices. Seems like the two sensors I got both read about 8-10 degrees warmer than every other temp sensor I have. Is there a way to Calibrate these sensors? In a room that is 80F with three other temp sensors, the victron sensor reads closer to 90F. I also have a small dorm fridge with a fridge temp reader in it. Again the victron reads about 48-50F where the fridge thermometer reads ~40F.

I have three temperature sensors on one of my LiFePO4 batteries. One of those is for the BMV-712. All three temperature sensors report within .5°F of each other.

I have two temperature sensors connected to my Cerbo GX. They are located within about 18" of each other and report similar temperatures, but I don't think I've ever checked them against the temperature sensors on the battery.

Here's a post from the Victron Community that talks about how to calibrate the temperature sensors:

I have three temperature sensors on one of my LiFePO4 batteries. One of those is for the BMV-712. All three temperature sensors report within .5°F of each other.

I have two temperature sensors connected to my Cerbo GX. They are located within about 18" of each other and report similar temperatures, but I don't think I've ever checked them against the temperature sensors on the battery.

Here's a post from the Victron Community that talks about how to calibrate the temperature sensors:

I believe that's only for temperature sensors connected to the Cerbo. I know of no way to calibrate shunt or inverter temp sensors.

It is important that they be installed as intended. Having a terminal sensor sitting in free air vs. attached to the battery terminal may influence readings.

I have:

BMV-702 sensor on (+) terminal
Quattro sensors x2 on (-) terminal
SBS stuck to side of battery
Batrium BMS sensors x3

That's a total of 7 sensors, and I'm not horribly confident in any of them. I'm just hopeful that they're somewhere in that range:

1681708379514.png

3°C variation between BMS, BMV and Quattros. at about 5pm today:

Right now:

1681708495642.png

6°C variation. That has more to do with the fact that the Battery Monitor (Batrium) sensors are stuck to cells with insulating foam shielding them, and the BMV/Quattro sensors are on the terminals connected to Aluminum with a lot of surface area for cooling than it is an actual error.

Back