diy solar

diy solar

THE WORKING POOR & off the shelf inverters ..

Wolf, your journey is much more difficult than mine, and bless you for taking care of your daughter. I had a bat shit crazy in my life once as well. It's great that you never borrow, but buying everything for cash makes for a very bad credit score, so if life takes you down a path that you DO need to finance a vehicle or a house, or go through any kind of credit check, you may come up short. As recently as Jan 2014 my credit score was an awful 540. Through a lot of hard work, research, education and discipline, It is now in the high 730s. I am quite proud of that. The way to do that is borrowing responsibly, not remaining debt free. It sounds crazy, but you have to use credit to build your credit. You know all this, I am sure, having been through bankruptcy. My financial journey is right on track. I am house hunting in a better part of northeast Ohio and with my credit score being considered "A-Tier" my VA loan will go through without a hitch. $0 down, and 1% less interest than commercial. I REALLY studied and learned about all of this when I decided I had to fix that 540! I met a woman online who lectures about credit and has a radio show, and we talked often. (She is awesome and actually called me here at home 3 times to discuss things with me and offer guidance.) A man who was then approaching his 63rd birthday CANNOT have a 540 credit score.

As to wardrobe, I have 18 pairs of socks and 18 pairs of underwear. On the day I wear the 18th pair, I wash the other 17! My yoga pants and t-shirt get 3 days each. My dress shirts and dress pants are all hanging in a closet I rarely open. When the band plays, it's jeans, short and vest. I swear that I will NEVER wear a tie again, though I have about 25 of them.

So, to find a way to bring the thread back to addressing the OP, you don't need to be a silver spoon trust fund child to buy solar equipment. Just be patient and shop wisely. Much will depend on where you are. I am in a city of 200,000 so there are a lot of options that smaller towns might not have. I beat Craigslist to death when I want to find something. I actually check up to 500 miles away when it is a very specific item. When I wanted a specific keyboard I shopped the whole country and ended up buying one from LA. Negotiated shipping to where we ended up splitting it and made the deal.

I have a ton of clothes that don't fit anymore, but that's okay because I'm in jeans as a rule and have shoes off a lot outside because grounding is Divine. (Look up "earthing for health YouTube).

I have those clothes too because my bad knee made me quit exercising. Now after the surgery I am about 3-4 weeks away from getting back to it and I am SO eager to do that!

I have those clothes too because my bad knee made me quit exercising. Now after the surgery I am about 3-4 weeks away from getting back to it and I am SO eager to do that!
Great, exersising is essential to stay as healthy as possible.

Great, exersising is essential to stay as healthy as possible.

In 2014, I went from 310 pounds down to 240. Better diet, walking and step aerobics. Ironically, all the step aerobics accelerated the damage to my knee and ended up being the reason I had to stop. I ended up back at 280. Now with the new knee, and pending approval from the doc, I will get back to it and I have set my goal weight at 220. I will get there. I know how. Now just to get back into the good habits.

In 2014, I went from 310 pounds down to 240. Better diet, walking and step aerobics. Ironically, all the step aerobics accelerated the damage to my knee and ended up being the reason I had to stop. I ended up back at 280. Now with the new knee, and pending approval from the doc, I will get back to it and I have set my goal weight at 220. I will get there. I know how. Now just to get back into the good habits.
Great job Eddie. I have gone through a similar process this year myself with a ketogenic diet.

Wow Ed, I'm glad your attending to your health. Our extra weight puts a tremendous amount of additional stress on our joints, especially our crucial knees. A big ole tire around our midsection is especially stressful to our heart. Every pound of fat contains twenty miles of capillaries, (a capalliary is a blood vessel that is so small, it passes only a single blood cell through it), which is why it's important to not lose weight rapidly because our bodies have to absorb and process all of the fat. Slow and steady wins the race. Me, I sure do love to put my feet up with a huge box of cheese it's and warsh it all down with a bag of chips and a brewski, which is okay ONLY IN MODERATION AS A SPECIAL OCCASION!. So, I force myself to get off my duff and do something physical that doesn't involve eating and I buy and actually eat lots of veggies, as much raw as possible, red meat is pretty much gone now except for cookouts and bread and pasta, (two of my favorite vegetables), I eat in moderation too. In time, you will find yourself being able to bend over and pick stuff up instead of kicking it under the couch! Hang in, walk briskly every day, and remember moderation is the key.

ROTFL ? Featuring The late great googly eyed Marty Feldman. At only 48 years old, Left us way too soon.
Classic comedy.

[IQUOTE="Johnny, post: 11616, member: 49"]
Hi Fellas, some of your conversation on this thread brought to mind an old pre Monty Python sketch:

[/QUOTE]
Love it Johnny, wot with the python sketch trying to outdo each other's poverty an all . "A penny every four years", indeed lol! Imagine though, in this very day and age, people actually living off grid for years on end and in a first world country to boot, trundling off through the forest to do their business in a hole in the ground, people without refrigeration who have all they can do to cough up the communist labor party's taxation ransom, humble people who have to use their wit an energy to make do amongst the greedy, brain dead, enslaved, collective proletariat raised by the clueless communist common core raised labor party monopoly. Glad such a situation really doesn't exist for any poor, dumb, free agent, sovereign individuals, aye Johnny?

QUOTE="Johnny, post: 11694, member: 49"]
Hi offgriddle that's a wicked post, in fact it sounds like a Monty Python script for a sketch
[/QUOTE]Johnny, I was prepared to apologise for the intensity of my response and even admit that the consumption of not one but two pints of fairly strong, (8%), beer did have an impact on how I went about composing my statement. Now don't get me wrong, if such fervor was not lurking deep inside of my soul, it would have never come out, therefore, I accept full responsibility and will not give beer such credit. Since you took it all in stride and remained cool, calm and collected and furthermore even managed to suggest that I write for Python, which I would love do and I'm not jesting, I will say thank you and have a superb day. :giggle:

Hello Sir, I must admit, I had to read it several times. I did find it quite amusing and very deep, so you certainly brought some cheer to a very cold morning here in England. I look forward to more of your posts, so keep up the good work.:)

Whilst on the topic of Monty Python, I started reading a Monty Python annual whilst going home from work on the bus aeons ago, one of the pages had God's school report on it. I was struggling to contain my laughter amongst complete strangers and had to close the book. Someone has taken that page from the annual and put it on a web page, you can read it here: http://www.darvill.clara.net/funnies/funny011.htm

Best - Johnny

Hello Sir, I must admit, I had to read it several times. I did find it quite amusing and very deep, so you certainly brought some cheer to a very cold morning here in England. I look forward to more of your posts, so keep up the good work.:)

Whilst on the topic of Monty Python, I started reading a Monty Python annual whilst going home from work on the bus aeons ago, one of the pages had God's school report on it. I was struggling to contain my laughter amongst complete strangers and had to close the book. Someone has taken that page from the annual and put it on a web page, you can read it here: http://www.darvill.clara.net/funnies/funny011.htm

Best - Johnny
Holy Handgrenade Johnny, that certainly does have a Pythonic ring to it! Having endured many sermons given in Latin whilst staring at my shoe buckles, I agree with the student assessment regarding the subject of Latin! Carry on, peace.

Back