diy solar

diy solar

Total Noob wants to run a mini fridge

I chose this fridge 12v compressor fridge 64qt. I operate it on a 100ah lifepo4. Spent 3 weeks wandering the mountains with this left at our base camp and only pulled out my solar after about 9 days. it's been a phenomenal buy. I plugged it into the wall at home to pre- cool it, then plugged it into the truck while driving 1,000 miles.
That's a pretty cool unit. I know Vevor is just a Chinese rebrand company that rebrands basically anything they can get their hands on, but some of the stuff they rebrand has been pretty good from what I've seen (some of it is garbage). Gonna keep my eye on that one.

That's a pretty cool unit. I know Vevor is just a Chinese rebrand company that rebrands basically anything they can get their hands on, but some of the stuff they rebrand has been pretty good from what I've seen (some of it is garbage). Gonna keep my eye on that one.
I couldn't agree more. It gets mind numbing trying to sort out good products! The only downside I found with this unit is the temp reading on the fridge. I set it to 40 and it warms to 44 then cools down to 36 according to its temp reading. A fridge thermometer placed inside reads nearly steady 41. It has been well worth the money.

I chose this fridge 12v compressor fridge 64qt. I operate it on a 100ah lifepo4. Spent 3 weeks wandering the mountains with this left at our base camp and only pulled out my solar after about 9 days. it's been a phenomenal buy. I plugged it into the wall at home to pre- cool it, then plugged it into the truck while driving 1,000 miles.

I have the Whynter FM-901DZ Zone Portable Fridge 90 qt for our off grid cabin and it been good. I bought it years ago man the prices on them went up alot. Glad I bought it when I did.

Well I would suggest getting a high quality unit preferably something that has an inverter driven compressor

To give you an idea my RVs fridge is effectively a 12 volt mini fridge when it's not running on propane it's a peltier

That thing will suck anywhere from 400 to 600 Watts and never really shuts down

However I have a full size Samsung inverter fridge with a freezer on the bottom... It's double door and I've never seen it suck more than 220 watts and oftentimes it idles way down... All in all it sucks about 2.2 kW hours a day

Back