diy solar

diy solar

Tragically dead trojanes

Tates

There are a ton of discussions on recovering old or dead batteries, but none on recovering brand-new dead batteries. Yes, as a backup battery bank, I bought 24 Trojan T105s. They have been sitting for about five months because of some family emergencies I had. Since I have multiple chargers, I can charge at almost any voltage or current. However, I'm not sure what configuration would work best to charge these brand-new, but also dead, batteries.

Not T105-AES correct?

Flooded T105 non sealed use the Equalization charge shown on the datasheet of 8.1V and checking specific gravity with a hydrometer to 1.277 +/- 0.007 temperature compensated. Procedure here

I had a couple of EG4 48v batteries that were dead, no lights or anything. I was able to open the cover and apply 48v to the battery bank directly. I let it charge about 5-10 minutes just enough to get the BMS active, the I switched the charger over to the posts on the outside of the battery and was able to charge it all the way to full.

Anyways, that’s what I did probably not recommended and dangerous if you don’t put the charger in the right place, but it was able to revive two dead E4G batteries

Back