diy solar

diy solar

Tree limb lopper

yodamota

Solar Enthusiast
So we have quite a few tree limb loppers/cutters on site. They are also easy to come by used/free.Sometimes they just require a sharpening.

Has anyone used tree loppers to cut cable before? Did it work out ok? Do I need a 50$ temco wire/cable cutter? They look similar.

I have used my neighbours wire cutter before. Sure cut nice.

So we have quite a few tree limb loppers/cutters on site. They are also easy to come by used/free.Sometimes they just require a sharpening.

Has anyone used tree loppers to cut cable before? Did it work out ok? Do I need a 50$ temco wire/cable cutter? They look similar.

I have used my neighbours wire cutter before. Sure cut nice.
The hardness of the steel used in wood cutting tools is different than a tool designed to cut through harder material. The geometry is also quite different. I am not saying it wont cut it but you will ruin the lopper quickly and the cut will not be as good.

Using tree loppers for cutting cables might work in a pinch, but it's not ideal. They're designed for different tasks, so you might not get the cleanest cut. If you're dealing with bonsai wires, precision is key for avoiding damage. Investing in a dedicated wire cutter like the Temco one could save you some headaches down the line. Also, check out https://bonsaiforbeginners.com/juniper-bonsai-the-classic-choice-for-beginners for more bonsai advice. They've got tips on cutting, too. Good luck!

Last edited:
Back