diy solar

diy solar

Two BYD Modules I bought from Battery Hookup

lonewolf754

I haven't really tested these yet, just not enough time. I've never given them a full charge and haven't run any capacity tests. They're holding their voltage and seem to be like all the others I've read about here on the forum.

I make no guarantee to their condition, I simply don't know. I've given them a few partial charges up to 27v and discharged them with my inverter until one cell dropped to 3.0v. I used a BattGo 8s meter to monitor and balance the cells. When I received them they were at 2.5-2.9v/cell.

I finally bought some Battle Borns, so I don't need these anymore, and they take up way too much space. Also, I'd rather someone pick these up instead of having to bother with shipping them. I'll take $150 each module.

I don't know if I'm allowed to give an address where I'm located, so I'll just narrow it down. The modules are located around Sherman and Mckinney, Texas. I will only accept cash.

Thank you for your interest. Need additional info, please let me know.

How far are you away from Mckinney, TX or Sherman, TX? Depending on the distance, I may be able to meet half-way. I'm just staying inside until this Corona scare lightens a bit. And these modules are heavy, I believe somewhere at 160Lb.

I am in Houston and halfway is Corsicana . I also will not be traveling soon. I am still researching these modules. can you send pics of serial numbers and model numbers ?

I don't know of any serial or model numbers. These are units which came from an Arizona solar farm. Either the farm was shut down, or they just replaced these older units with new ones, I don't know. There is a lot of speculation about these modules. There is a lot of info about these modules here on this forum. Lots of videos on Youtube about these BYD Modules also. That's about all I can tell you about these units.

Do a search on Youtube "BYD Modules" and you should find many videos showing how people are testing and using these units.

I'm also interested, and a little closer - i'm closer to the Denton, TX area. To be clear, are these the black case or the white roller case? As I recall, batteryhookup called them both byd, but now both are removed from their site, so I cannot verify.

This is the picture shown when I ordered them from Battery Hookup. If you mean do they have casters in which to roll, then no. I have removed the balance circuit boards as I use heavier wires to monitor the health of the cells and for balancing.

BYD module.jpg

No one replied to this thread lately, so I've still got them. I'm in the process of getting them ready for disposal. I've already removed the bus bars from one module and will begin on the other in the next few days. I found someone in Bonham, TX that will dispose of them. I'm taking them to him this week if time permits.

I'm agreeing with Delmar. I'm willing to make the drive, if we can agree on an appointment for 7/11 or 7/12. I also have a pm out to you.

I scrapped them last Wednesday, Sorry. I've been trying to get rid of them since March but until recently no one seemed interested.

Ok. It's our fault, not yours. I assumed, probably like others, that someone closer would want them more.

Back