diy solar

diy solar

Ultimate full house power system

Daddy Tanuki

Solar Wizard
just got this advertisement from china. my company has a purchasing account on alibaba so i get all kind of weird email promos... but this one is impressive to say the least. ha ha ha

yeah even that 20 ft model would power my primary house for at least 50 days, probably longer before it needs recharging :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

860kWh of storage???? wow and I thought i was special with 70 kWh

deleted bulk of email as not trying to sell or anything like that

Here are our 20/40FT container solution for storage system:

20FT: 250KW+860KWH Storage System.

40FT: 500KW+2.15MWH Storage System.

• Container Including: Battery Inverter; Lithium Battery; ATS; Fire Protection and Air Conditioner.
  • Working Model: Zero Export; Loads First; Battery First; Peak Shaving.
  • All in one container solution easy install and allowed to connect with generator.

As long as your not the one selling it you can link to your hearts content as far as I know.

Worse case a mod will delete it.

entire email. no prices were listed. but I am sure at this size it is substantial. you can go to alibabba to see prices and pictures. i posted this more as a laugh as this is something you might use to keep a data center, or a bank or hospital up and running for a day or two or three from a power outage.

Dear Sir,

Good Day! This is Gloria from Bluesun Solar Group. Hope my email finds you well.

Here are our 20/40FT container solution for storage system:

20FT: 250KW+860KWH Storage System.

40FT: 500KW+2.15MWH Storage System.

• Container Including: Battery Inverter; Lithium Battery; ATS; Fire Protection and Air Conditioner.
  • Working Model: Zero Export; Loads First; Battery First; Peak Shaving.
  • All in one container solution easy install and allowed to connect with generator.

If you have interests to know more, please feel free to let me know.

-------------

Best Regards!
Gloria Huang

Bluesun Solar Co.,Ltd

Mob/Whatsapp/Skype:+86 18256587124

Wechat:+8618256587124

Add: Building No.7, 1499 Zhenxing Road, Shushan District, 230031 Hefei, China

j8a1MInGpQ.jpg

860 kWh, assuming we use 5kWh rack mounts and you go 12 high per stack (doable in a container? Maybe a tallboy one to get even taller stacks?). Could do that in 15 racks.

For inverters a few big boy three phase units.

860 kWh, assuming we use 5kWh rack mounts and you go 12 high per stack (doable in a container? Maybe a tallboy one to get even taller stacks?). Could do that in 15 racks.

For inverters a few big boy three phase units.
yep but they are claiming 250KW on the inverter.... dayum.

These are grid modules essentially. I'm working on something similar, intended to power a data center but also interact with the grid (peak shaving, demand response, sector coupling basically). I do admit that if this all works out, I might just build a 1MWh container for myself - I could power the house the entire winter with solar stored in summer :)

I might just build a 1MWh container for myself - I could power the house the entire winter with solar stored in summer :)

You only need 6 ~ 10 kwh/day?

Problem is too much capital cost for infrequent cycling.

LiFePO4 batteries cycled 6000 times (16 years nightly) amortize out to some $0.025 to $0.050/kWh
Cycling yearly over same period would cost 365 times that, $18/kWh

Too much expense for electrodes distributed through storage medium. Storage tanks for a flow battery or reservoir for pumped hydro might work.

Would be better to have a 10% efficient syn fuel process. Even using that in a 33% efficient ICE generator.

You only need 6 ~ 10 kwh/day?

Yep!

Problem is too much capital cost for infrequent cycling.

Yeah, I don't calculate it as such. Doing a battery like this means getting industry interest, and consulting gigs/business opportunities. My current pack as it is has already paid for itself and then some.

48V 50Ah, 2.5kWh for $360

$144 per kWh

1000 cycles, 14.4 cents

5000 cycles, 2.8 cents.

Ideally if you have big difference between peak and off peak you might be able to charge with solar then discharge during peak evening hours, then charge with off peak then discharge again in the morning prior to solar charging ramping up, so two cycles per day?

I saw those big container batteries on Alibaba awhile back. It would take a good sized crane to move it.

I think a 20ft container would be better suited. Easier to move around, and can be fully self contained!

Who's going to do one first?

Back