diy solar

diy solar

Used panels as low as $0.10/watt

"Everything"?

They only offer me "ALL PANELS AND PALLETS"

That's expensive- I bought my 250W ex gridtie panels from an installer (off facebook market) $1960 for 72 panels ie 18kw- took out two grand, put $40 of diesel in the tilt tray and he got the rest (works out at about $27 a panel)
Works out at under $0.11c per watt Australian (about $0.06 per watt US)
View attachment 193802
Santan typical price on smaller wattage panels is 6 cents a watt. 400–500-watt panels where the market is right now to get the highest wattage per foot. Most don't have that much space to install 72 250-watt panels. If I had lot of room to setup big arrays probably go with lower wattage per panel.

Santan typical price on smaller wattage panels is 6 cents a watt. 400–500-watt panels where the market is right now to get the highest wattage per foot. Most don't have that much space to install 72 250-watt panels. If I had lot of room to setup big arrays probably go with lower wattage per panel.
There isn't much of a market for the big panels yet, most Aussie gridtie was 250w for over a decade, with most still being under 400w even today... (larger panels take two people per panel to install, while the smaller panels can be done by one person... meaning higher installation costs...)

My system is designed to be more than adequate to run a house and workshop (and charge an EV) generating almost 100kwh a day in best conditions here- even in the absolute worst conditions (black clouds and pouring rain) it would be still capable of about 30kwh a day- and my normal household usage is 7-10kwh a day... (the caravan only uses about 4kwh a day currently)

Is this a typo? I've been following their prices for a few months and never seen 6 cents a watt. What you linked is way above that

Also please keep in mind shipping costs and degradation.

Inxeptionmarketplace has $0.25/watt for bifacial new panels shipped.

I've seen some 200-250W used polychrystaline panels on santansolar for around that price, but they even state that the panels are degraded to 80%. So taking the real watts and shipping costs in mind, those panels are actually closer to $0.20/watt.

Whenever you buy used panels, you need to take the degradation into consideration

Is this a typo? I've been following their prices for a few months and never seen 6 cents a watt. What you linked is way above that

I've seen some 200-250W used polychrystaline panels on santansolar for around that price, but they even state that the panels are degraded to 80%. So taking the real watts and shipping costs in mind, those panels are actually closer to $0.20/watt.

Whenever you buy used panels, you need to take the degradation into consideration
80%???
They are 30 years old???
Hell, the panels at my old place (2016 install) had a output guarantee of 84.7% minimum output after 25 years- so to be down at 80%, thats either over 25 years old- or really crappy panels...
My mums place runs Panasonic panels- they have an output guarantee of 92.4% after 25 years- so if those panels were Panasonics, you would be be talking effectively them being half a century old...
:unsure:

80%???
They are 30 years old???
Hell, the panels at my old place (2016 install) had a output guarantee of 84.7% minimum output after 25 years- so to be down at 80%, thats either over 25 years old- or really crappy panels...
My mums place runs Panasonic panels- they have an output guarantee of 92.4% after 25 years- so if those panels were Panasonics, you would be be talking effectively them being half a century old...
:unsure:
Not all of them. Just the cheap ones. Polychrystaline was old technology that degraded faster

Water ingress damage. These panels are trash and not worth $25.
View attachment 196089
Everyone was worried about recycling solar panels... i think we just figured it out. These guys are just feeding it right back to the market.

Im as thrifty as the next guy. I spend way too much time shopping around for good deals on panels! I looked at everything santan has and i gotta say half of it should be in the dumpster.

A1solarstore doesn't have the best service and i dont endorse them but if i was looking for a deal they have some 390 Meyer Burger with free shipping for $233. Brand new, shipped, high quality panels.

The Santan argument of "they still work" is not enough for me. To each their own i guess.

Good point. Water damage panels are not going to last. It's almost the same price if you consider that and shipping costs

$0.20/watt free shipping new panels

Good point. Water damage panels are not going to last. It's almost the same price if you consider that and shipping costs

$0.20/watt free shipping new panels
Good deal but minimum quantity is the entire truckload for $26,000

I didn't want "Oats after they have been through the horse."

I bought SunPower, REC, Q-cells from Santan, and NE Solar from Inxeption.

I think Inxeption has other offerings by the pallet.

Signature solar has pallets of 370w NE panels for $0.23/watt delivered right now

I truly don’t know why someone would buy used in the current market unless it was a dozen or so panels or less

Reactions: Zwy
Good deal but minimum quantity is the entire truckload for $26,000

I think Inxeption has other offerings by the pallet.

Here it is, slightly above SS, but compare shipping (and service fees.)

Here it is, slightly above SS, but compare shipping (and service fees.)

All of you need to quit posting these deals on new panels, at these prices I could cover my whole 4 acres with panels. My wife will probably leave me. :ROFLMAO:

Solar panels create the fruit of the Sun just like shrimp is the fruit of the sea.

Signature solar has pallets of 370w NE panels for $0.23/watt delivered right now

I truly don’t know why someone would buy used in the current market unless it was a dozen or so panels or less
Yes, this would be the reason. My first order was for about 5kw of panels or so, so I didn't need to spend more.

But for a full supply, definitely better to go new in most cases. The exception would be high end panels, which have a better resale value

Your correct not sure why I got the math wrong lack of sleep about 20 cents a watt. I'm local to them a 40 min drive. I don't have to ship that makes a difference for me I do a visual inspection at their office. Have to buy extra they sell out quickly and if you later want more of the same now have to mix and match panels. If you buy new from Signature likely they have them in stock for awhile you can add more later. I paid 23 cents a watt for used 395 watt panels with their buy 3 get one free on black Friday. I tested them with a solar panel tester in direct sun all of them tested out close to 388 watts.

Back