diy solar

diy solar

Victron 12/3000 inverter

carlos33071

Good morning l, so this is my first time posting. I have a victron inverter 12/3000 that keeps popping the breaker when on. short power. I have a 30 amp breaker, everything works fine until I hook up to short power a 20 amp outlet gfci or another at the water plant where I work, with no load breaker on the off position after the inverter. Even when I disconnect the 120 out, meaning I pull the wires out or I removed the a/c in and just connect a short power line to it a outlet. It happens after 2 seconds when the short power is on, I can hear a current noise on the 30 amp breaker that comes from the batteries to the inverter I guess is when is trying to charge the batteries from short power it dosent like it and it trips the breaker. I even try changing the breaker but with the same outcome. I have 2 enduro power 12/200 in a 12 volt system thank you for the help

Attachments

• 1681385105045135375222964281679.jpg
    1681385105045135375222964281679.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 16813851835893654227946756411237.jpg
    16813851835893654227946756411237.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 24
looks like you have a 3 prong plug for your 120v power IN
what is that plug plugged into?

there is a 3 wire cable that is disconnected what is that for?

looks like you have a 3 prong plug for your 120v power IN
what is that plug plugged into?

there is a 3 wire cable that is disconnected what is that for?
Hi, the power in cable it was only to by pass my short power inside the wall just to make sure I have no problems from that area and the cable that is disconnected goes to feed the breaker panel which is only 3 120 volts outlet

The MultiPlus can vary input current and it typically comes from the factory set at the max level for your model. Have you done anything to limit the input current to match the beaker you are connected to?

The MultiPlus can vary input current and it typically comes from the factory set at the max level for your model. Have you done anything to limit the input current to match the beaker you are connected to?
No, I have not. I thought that the distributor who sold everything to me would have done that I guess I better check that and go from there thanks for the info

Look in the manual under "AC input current limit" for an explanation. You can ask your dealer if they set the AC input current limit to anything different from the factory setting. If they didn't -- the factory setting may be 50amps -- that could explain tripping the breaker.

There are a couple of ways you can adjust the limit yourself. If you can access the Multi through the Victron Connect app you should be able to adjust the setting.

Q-Dog has identified the problem.

To change the maximum AC input amperage you'll need one of these:
Victron Digital Multi Control 200/200A
VE.Bus Smart dongle (connect a laptop or smart phone and use the VictronConnect application)
MK3-USB (connect a laptop and use the VictronConnect application)
Cerbo GX (with Touch 50 or 70)

I used the MK3-USB device to make lower level parameter changes that were not exposed in the VictronConnect app at the time. I helped a friend install a Multiplus and he uses the Digital Multi Control. It's functionality is limited but it may be the least expensive option.

For on-the-fly AC input amperage changes, I can do that through my Cerbo GX with the Touch 50 screen. This is probably the most expensive option.

VE.Bus Smart dongle (connect a laptop or smart phone and use the VictronConnect application)

I used the MK3-USB device to make lower level parameter changes that were not exposed in the VictronConnect app at the time. I helped a friend install a Multiplus and he uses the Digital Multi Control. It's functionality is limited but it may be the least expensive option.

For on-the-fly AC input amperage changes, I can do that through my Cerbo GX with the Touch 50 screen. This is probably the most expensive option.
MK3-USB I just did it also I got help from the supplier and he said that there was supposed to be a 400 amp mega fuse in the order hook up to the the inverter coming out from the distributor so I'll try and see was going on after thst thank you all

Thanks now I can continue the build

Attachments

• 20230413_153535.jpg
    20230413_153535.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230413_153521.jpg
    20230413_153521.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 22
Looks like a nice system. The Cerbo GX is the quickest way to set the Maximum AC Amps In.

I see a lot of big cables attached to your battery. Normally, I would expect to see only two big cables attached to the battery bank (other than the cables used to connect the batteries to each other).

It looks like this is in an RV. Be sure you secure all those cables with strain relief. As nice as that layout looks, you're probably already planning to do that, but I had to find something to be nit picky about. :eek:

Looks like a nice system. The Cerbo GX is the quickest way to set the Maximum AC Amps In.

I see a lot of big cables attached to your battery. Normally, I would expect to see only two big cables attached to the battery bank (other than the cables used to connect the batteries to each other).

It looks like this is in an RV. Be sure you secure all those cables with strain relief. As nice as that layout looks, you're probably already planning to do that, but I had to find something to be nit picky about. :eek:
Thank you it's on a transit van and yes I'll be sure to secure all the cables

Back