diy solar

diy solar

Victron Charger/Inverter AC output frequency

deeperblue

Hi,

I started to look at Victron charger/inverter. It seems that most (if not all) of the inverters AC output frequencies are 50Hz, while in US the 120V AC frequency is 60Hz. So I am wondering why Victron inverters output 50Hz AC? Will this cause problem? Especially if the AC output is used for run something with a motor?

From what I have learned, is that:
1. For pass-through mode, the charger/inverter take AC input at 60Hz and pass it through at 60Hz.
2. In pure inverter mode, the AC output is 50Hz.

If the inverter has power assist mode, when in power assist mode, the inverter will boot the power in 60Hz?

Thanks!

Hi,

I started to look at Victron charger/inverter. It seems that most (if not all) of the inverters AC output frequencies are 50Hz, while in US the 120V AC frequency is 60Hz. So I am wondering why Victron inverters output 50Hz AC? Will this cause problem? Especially if the AC output is used for run something with a motor?

From what I have learned, is that:
1. For pass-through mode, the charger/inverter take AC input at 60Hz and pass it through at 60Hz.
2. In pure inverter mode, the AC output is 50Hz.

If the inverter has power assist mode, when in power assist mode, the inverter will boot the power in 60Hz?

Thanks!
You can switch the frequency between 50 and 60Hz via the settings. A 120V unit bought in the US should be set to 60Hz out of the box.

Back