diy solar

diy solar

Victron phoenix inverter 24/500 suddenly stopped AC output

bolowo

Off-Grid Solar Fanatic
My inverter suddenly stopped providing AC power while I was watching the screen.
On checking both the red and green LEDs were solid on. When tried switching it off and on, disconnected all connections both DC and AC for a few minutes etc on turning it on both lights still remained solid on with no AC output..
Anyone else faced this problem and how was it solved, thanks guys...

To add more information, I was changing the location of the inverter from my sitting room due to fan noise at night. After installation I started the inverter to test it. The screen powered in well. Now to finish up everything I had to lengthen my DIY ve.direct cable which was short. I was insulating the connections on the ttl-usb DIY VE.Direct cable to my raspi while the inverter was on. Probably the bare cables shorted and boom the problem begins.....
When inverter is turned on/eco both red and green lights will turn on and remain solid but no AC out or any sound from fan or relay as it used to do before

I was insulating the connections on the ttl-usb DIY VE.Direct cable to my raspi while the inverter was on. Probably the bare cables shorted and boom the problem begins.....
When inverter is turned on/eco both red and green lights will turn on and remain solid but no AC out or any sound from fan or relay as it used to do before
It's not clear to me if the inverter is still failing without your home-brew VE.Direct rig connected (I only read that you disconnected DC and AC).

If you haven't done it yet, I'd try:
  1. Power inverter off
  2. Disconnect all AC loads from inverter
  3. Disconnect DC source from inverter
  4. Disconnect your raspi VE.Direct rig from the VE.Direct port
  5. Reconnect DC to inverter
  6. Power inverter on
  7. Check status (if good move to next step)
  8. Connect AC load to inverter
  9. Check status
Report back, please. If it's still inoperative without your raspi rig, then it's probably time to call Victron support and explain what you observe and what you were doing when it went sideways.

The ve.direct has an option for settings in the inverter. Could be good to check those.

Although I have 1200 VA and 375 VA model of the inverter you have, I have never connected VE direct and mine runs fine.

It's not clear to me if the inverter is still failing without your home-brew VE.Direct rig connected (I only read that you disconnected DC and AC).

If you haven't done it yet, I'd try:
  1. Power inverter off
  2. Disconnect all AC loads from inverter
  3. Disconnect DC source from inverter
  4. Disconnect your raspi VE.Direct rig from the VE.Direct port
  5. Reconnect DC to inverter
  6. Power inverter on
  7. Check status (if good move to next step)
  8. Connect AC load to inverter
  9. Check status
Report back, please. If it's still inoperative without your raspi rig, then it's probably time to call Victron support and explain what you observe and what you were doing when it went sideways.
I did all these, but no change. Let me attach the Led meaning as got from victron toolkit app.
The lights just remain solid on but no AC out

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-18-21-36-12-858_nl.victronenergy.victronledapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-18-21-36-12-858_nl.victronenergy.victronledapp.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 1
I did all these, but no change. Let me attach the Led meaning as got from victron toolkit app.
The lights just remain solid on but no AC out
Then this is for 800va - 1200va
Mine is 24/500

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-18-21-43-54-927_nl.victronenergy.victronledapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-18-21-43-54-927_nl.victronenergy.victronledapp.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 0
Back