diy solar

diy solar

Victron settings for my 100AH, 24 Volt, LiFePo4 battery with Victron 100|20 charge controller

waynen

Not exactly DIY on the bank, ordered it from China, has BMW preinstalled. They told me max charge was going to be 20 amps, which is why i bought the 20 amp but the sticker on the battery box itself says 50 amp charge current, charge voltage 29.2, discharge end voltage 20 volts, and discharge current 100 amps.
My question is, what are the setting I should use on the Victron, I selected the built in LiFePo4 for now but wondering if I should adjust the voltages, float time etc to suit my new battery. I will likely be conservative as far as how much at the upper and lower ends go but wondering what settings to use and need to learn what is actually the best and safest for the battery. As of now I have no load on the system, will get my inverter soon but haven't yet. only charging it with one, 200 watt panel, the first sunny day it charged bulk all day, the second day(today) it went into absorption mode, and I'm assuming after 2 hours it will go into float(according to settings). Bel
IMG_2886.PNG IMG_2887.PNG IMG_2871.JPG

IMO the default lifepo4 settings in the Victron controllers are fine. It looks like you have fairly recent firmware in the controller so the preset doesn't pay any attention to the charge current in the absorption phase (hang over terminology from lead acid batteries), nothing for you to do IMO, sit back and enjoy.

Back