diy solar

diy solar

Wanted [SF Bay area CA] 6 solar panels

bolhuijo

TechnoGeezer
Did you impulse buy that pallet of 31 panels in the 360-400 Watt range? Was it too many but you couldn't refuse? Do you live in the middle part of CA? I may be willing to drive over and give you green cash money (or paypal) for 6 of them.
I'm aware of FB marketplace and other local distributors but I'm also a bargain hunter with time to spare.

Edit: I will also casually mention to your spouse what a smart purchase that was, and will throw in a case of cold beer / coke / fresca.

Last edited:
Did you impulse buy that pallet of 31 panels in the 360-400 Watt range? Was it too many but you couldn't refuse? Do you live in the middle part of CA? I may be willing to drive over and give you green cash money (or paypal) for 6 of them.
I'm aware of FB marketplace and other local distributors but I'm also a bargain hunter with time to spare.

Edit: I will also casually mention to your spouse what a smart purchase that was, and will throw in a case of cold beer / coke / fresca.
Have you checked these out? You're not going to beat the price...

Have you checked these out? You're not going to beat the price...

I can drive to Sacramento and pick up Znshine 405W panels on clearance from A1solar for $104. That's the best deal I've found so far.

Renvu had some discounted 345W last year (I bought one) and I doubt they were flying off the shelf.

So there’s a good chance you can find used or NOS.

Used have to be 30% cheaper given no tax credit allowed

Hmm, I thought Renvu went out of business because their website didn't come up at all with my adblocker turned on.
I fixed that and I see they only have 1 panel for sale in <10 quantity and the size is too big and the price is not great, aaand they don't even mention which location has the item.

I fixed that and I see they only have 1 panel for sale in <10 quantity and the size is too big and the price is not great, aaand they don't even mention which location has the item.
That's why you gotta contact them. My order of 8 panels was for q cells 480's that they say 10 minimum for on the site.

@bolhuijo what did you ended up buying? I am looking to setup my for solar system and looking for atleast 4kw / 5kw but have limited roof (220sqft) - what would you recommend?

At 200W/m^2, covering 100% of roof is 4088W (STC) for 20% efficient panels.

Take exact dimensions, see if a particular dimension panel will fit perfectly. Or maybe sticking out a bit at the ends/sides.
Look for 20% to 23% efficient panels.

@bolhuijo what did you ended up buying? I am looking to setup my for solar system and looking for atleast 4kw / 5kw but have limited roof (220sqft) - what would you recommend?
I haven't bought any panels yet. Still have some other honey-do items to complete. For now I watch for bargains to see if something is so good that I have to buy it and stash it in the shed.

I haven't bought any panels yet. Still have some other honey-do items to complete. For now I watch for bargains to see if something is so good that I have to buy it and stash it in the shed.
Sounds good - if you end up getting somegthing, please share it here, will be happy to stash some in the shed as well :)

Back