diy solar

diy solar

We get many telemarketing calls each day

Abodyofscience

about free medical devices, fraudulent charges to my Amazon account, etc., but this one guy wanted me to buy interest in an oil well somewhere.
Not an automated voice, either, because he was able to tell me what is 1 + 2.

If there is a sucker born every minute
& two to take him,
I guess we'll get another call like this.

I wasted as much of his time that I could. I'm getting better at that.:ROFLMAO:

Back in 2019-20 I was getting between five and ten calls a day.. sometimes even more than ten. From car insurance or warranty to my google account, etc.

When China went into covid shutdown, the calls stopped.. all of them. I didn't get a single telemarketer call for almost 6 months.

Back in 2019-20 I was getting between five and ten calls a day.. sometimes even more than ten. From car insurance or warranty to my google account, etc.

When China went into covid shutdown, the calls stopped.. all of them. I didn't get a single telemarketer call for almost 6 months.
I think our calls come from Pakistan.
I ask what US city they're in & they tell me. Then I ask them what county is that city in & they hang up.

Sometimes I tell them that I'll send them women if they send me money, sometimes vice versa.
Our phone company could block 90% of these calls, but they don't want to.

Years ago my telco was trying out spam SMS messages, I asked them to stop. When they refused I wrote to them that I would be happy to spell check their messages at a rate of 60 dollars per hour and would charge a minimum of 3 hours per message. I closed with "the next commercial message you send is an acceptance of our contract and I am looking forward to doing business with you."

(Un)fortunately they stopped sending messages.

When scammers call about a warrant out for my arrest etc, I ask if they can be so friendly as to hang themselves, when a telemarketer calls, I tell them they have a sexy voice and ask them what they are wearing..

Years ago my telco was trying out spam SMS messages, I asked them to stop. When they refused I wrote to them that I would be happy to spell check their messages at a rate of 60 dollars per hour and would charge a minimum of 3 hours per message. I closed with "the next commercial message you send is an acceptance of our contract and I am looking forward to doing business with you."

(Un)fortunately they stopped sending messages.

When scammers call about a warrant out for my arrest etc, I ask if they can be so friendly as to hang themselves, when a telemarketer calls, I tell them they have a sexy voice and ask them what they are wearing..
Nice technique. (y)(y)

Lately when they call, I ask them if "they got the letter".

Them: What letter?

Me: the government is prosecuting you & your company for wire fraud. I'm surprised you're not in prison right now, you & your boss.

I downloaded a Hindi swear word and phrase app. Now when they call I'll casually talk to them and inject in a low voice somewhere in the conversation choice words or phrases in their language. Catches them off guard most of the time. Loads of fun learning a new language. Scammer speak.

I hate this, no matter what you do they keep calling I even likely block 200 of them but as long as a block 1 number they call from a different one?

Man, those telemarketing calls can be a real nuisance, right? I've had my fair share of dealing with pitches for free stuff or bogus Amazon charges. But that oil well sales pitch? That's a new one! Props to you for keeping him on the line for as long as possible.
Hey, speaking of handling these calls, have you thought about using a VoIP system to help filter them out? I've heard they can be pretty effective. Personally, I've tried using features like call screening and blocking with my voip setup, and it's made a huge difference in cutting down on these unwanted interruptions. Might be worth looking into!

Last edited:
Back