diy solar

diy solar

What 24v inverter should i buy?

hrchonda

Hoping someone's already done the hard work :)

ive just received 8 304ah cells and a jk BMS (200a cont 350 peak)

what 24v inverter should i buy? 4.8kw is 200a is it as simple as that? does any one have recommendations?

Hoping someone's already done the hard work :)

ive just received 8 304ah cells and a jk BMS (200a cont 350 peak)

what 24v inverter should i buy? 4.8kw is 200a is it as simple as that? does any one have recommendations?

Victron 24/3000 is a good choice? Unless you want an all in one

HEY

nope purely just an inverter.

i was hoping for more than 3kw and i believe victrons next one ups 5kw which is to much.
Basically looking at the 3000VA and 5000VA in the 120V range for 24V models.

That's 2400, 4000 Watts assuming 1.2x power factor.

thank you that makes sense now, what inverter would you pair with my battery? as large as possible,
I'm not sure what UK pricing is but in the US the 24V multiplus 2 3k is around $1100, I don't there is a multiplus 2 24V 5k so a big step up to the 24V Quattro 5k at around $2800. You could parallel two of the mp2 3k and still be below a quattros price.

i was afraid you were going to say that. iv a victron mppt, shunt, distributor and was keen to stay in that ecosystem but financially it doesn't make sense to buy 2. will rated giandel in his videos, what do you think of this, thank you.

A larger inverter will not draw more power unless additional loads are added. I would recommend a rating of at least 20% higher than the anticipated load. Even more if the power factor is bad.... may need 40%-50% extra. Not that the load draws more power but more apparent power may be needed to power the item.

Depending on run time a second battery could be needed.

A larger inverter will not draw more power unless additional loads are added. I would recommend a rating of at least 20% higher than the anticipated load. Even more if the power factor is bad.... may need 40%-50% extra. Not that the load draws more power but more apparent power may be needed to power the item.

Depending on run time a second battery could be needed.
Hey,
Thanks for the reply.
yea i should really add up all my loads.
i was just hoping if any of you wizards out there would of been able to say heres the biggest inverter your battery can support or iv had a similar battery i used this inverter.
my plan is to use it in the workshop and see what i can use with it, loads vary massively so have a good choice to pick from. then move it into camper for occasional use. but i only want to buy one 24v inverter so reading as much as possible to see what i should get. i know pure sine and the biggest possible output. 48v is next years project

Back