diy solar

diy solar

What batteries do you use with the 18Kpv?

FilterGuy

Solar Engineering Consultant - EG4 and Consumers
Folks,
I am curious what batteries people are using with the 18Kpv? Obviously, a lot of folks (Most people?) are using EG4 batteries, but the inverter supports a wide selection of battery protocols, so I wonder what other people are doing. (Beyond my curiosity, It might also be helpful for others).

While we are at it what protocol setting are you using on the inverter? Since the batteries often support a list of protocols as well, there are some batteries that could probably talk to the inverter over a couple of protocols.... what works for you?

I'll try to collate the responses and post something with a summary.

Folks,
I am curious what batteries people are using with the 18Kpv? Obviously, a lot of folks (Most people?) are using EG4 batteries, but the inverter supports a wide selection of battery protocols, so I wonder what other people are doing. (Beyond my curiosity, It might also be helpful for others).

While we are at it what protocol setting are you using on the inverter? Since the batteries often support a list of protocols as well, there are some batteries that could probably talk to the inverter over a couple of protocols.... what works for you?

I'll try to collate the responses and post something with a summary.
I have 4 EG4 Lifepower4's currently & 2 EG4 PowerPro's on the way. Still using my EG4 6500EX's at the moment until I'm ready.

I went with 30kw RUiXU server rack. I had some trouble getting them to communicate, but after spending some time on the phone with Jacob at eg4 tech support he was able to correct the problem. Apparently you have to set the inverter for Lithium 6, in addition you have to set dip switch #6 on but only on the master battery

Back