diy solar

diy solar

What the bloody hell is wrong with me?

I don't blame her for liking free labor. I love your strategery
It just helps encourage an expensive hobby… 😁
I'm already interconnected so I can change out equipment without notifying the utility but there is also additional equipment to buy so that the victron would disconnect in a grid down situation. Very confusing
I’m guessing you’re referring to the Cerbo. That’s the only extra thing that would be required to my knowledge to sell back to the grid (but it’s so much more than just a tool for selling back). But yes there are multiple components that you could add to the system…don’t have to, but could.

It just helps encourage an expensive hobby… 😁

I’m guessing you’re referring to the Cerbo. That’s the only extra thing that would be required to my knowledge to sell back to the grid (but it’s so much more than just a tool for selling back). But yes there are multiple components that you could add to the system…don’t have to, but could.
It looks like when other is selected under grid code you need an external anti islanding safety device, like a ziehl

I worked for a contractor years ago that would buy 1 bag of UL ty wraps for each job. You were responsible for making sure you refilled the bag with non UL ty wraps.
UL bag was $50 per 100. Non UL was $12.
The inspectors only looked at the carts for labels. The wraps were identical.
Um… you and others all signed the same NDA. Don’t go telling all my secrets.

It looks like when other is selected under grid code you need an external anti islanding safety device, like a ziehl
Hmm, I’ve seen people select “other” before without needing to add something extra, of course the only videos I’ve looked at don’t attempt to sell back. I’m guessing there’s different requirements if you sell back.

Hmm, I’ve seen people select “other” before without needing to add something extra, of course the only videos I’ve looked at don’t attempt to sell back. I’m guessing there’s different requirements if you sell back.
The way I understand it, since there is no usa grid code, an external device is required

The exact requirements differ widely between the countries. For example the normal Multis, Quattros and MultiCompacts are certified for use in the UK. For other countries, Germany for example, only the MultiPlus-II is certified to be installed without requiring additional external anti-islanding safety devices (ENS). And in yet other countries an external ENS is required and/or the inverter/charger must be configured with the right grid-code. Check the safety certificates on our website to see the allowed models for your country.

Might help for you to ignore it if you knew the 18k PV is extremely noisy once it starts generating past 100A solar or 5000W inverter power. Not applicable of course if being installed where noise wouldn't be an issue.

Might help for you to ignore it if you knew the 18k PV is extremely noisy once it starts generating past 100A solar or 5000W inverter power. Not applicable of course if being installed where noise wouldn't be an issue.
Sadly doesn't help me. My solar equipment is in a remote shed. 😭🤣🤣

I'm surprised though. I thought it was relatively quiet. Thanks for sharing

I don't really think it's particularly noisy. I wouldn't want it in my living room, but it's fine in the Garage. Not sure what you would be expecting. Not sure what you mean by 100A solar. Inverter seems to be the only thing that really kicks up the fans. Dumping 8KW at the batteries doesn't seem to kick it up much

I don't really think it's particularly noisy. I wouldn't want it in my living room, but it's fine in the Garage. Not sure what you would be expecting. Not sure what you mean by 100A solar. Inverter seems to be the only thing that really kicks up the fans. Dumping 8KW at the batteries doesn't seem to kick it up much
I could have my sunny islands next to my living room. The fans kick on after i think 8kw but if I set the charging to below that(and I do, for efficiency) then the fans usually never come on, and all you hear is a very faint hum. the growatt pv inverter that its ac coupled to, is dead silent.

I think that if I use the 18kpv this way, ie ac coupled and limit charging to less than 5kw its fans may never come on either but im just going by what ive read here.

Back