diy solar

diy solar

Any news on THE ONE? Is it the one for me?

I have been a huge fan of Midnite solar. I got the hawks bay and now regret it. I have been waiting a year just to get a web access. im switching to EG4 600xp. ive been holding out for a newer version of 6000xp. maybe with a display like the 18k . But for the price I will get 3 of the 6000xp.

I have been a huge fan of Midnite solar. I got the hawks bay and now regret it. I have been waiting a year just to get a web access. im switching to EG4 600xp. ive been holding out for a newer version of 6000xp. maybe with a display like the 18k . But for the price I will get 3 of the 6000xp.
Yeah the price is hard to deny. I had heard tere may be a better screen coming but not sure if that will happen or what it will look like. I just researched Wills video with a basic comparison between the 18kpv and the 6000xp. The screen interface is much better. I have a 3000 ehv. 48 now and the screen and menus suck! I have to scroll multiple times to see PC input, supposed battery volts and load out. I will have to check what the 6000xp screen shows on its home screen. If its something a person plans to commit to for 10 plus years it may be worth the extra money.

Last edited:
There’s this one for the big players and user friendly.
Schneider has a new home unit coming out also featuring a full smart main panel. They claim less than 10 minutes to commission

On the more budget friendly front, SRNE has just released a parallel capable variant of their 10kw ASF (now the ASP). They also have an HES 10kw just released with alleged grid features.
MPP has just released their new 10kw with grid features as well. Looks to be about half the price of the potential Midnite item.

And at intersolar there was an EG4 8kw prototype that looked like it could be a nice bridge the gap between the 6kxp and 18kpv

I’m sure there are many many more, those are just the ones that I’ve kept an eye on
Did you notice if the eg4 8 kW future unit was more of a large version of the 6000 or a smaller 18kpv?

Can you explain what problems you have with the Hawkes Bay. I was about to purchase the Barcelona before I heard about "The One" 10k. That's pretty much kept everything on hold for me.
I have an OG Luxpower 12k that's powering my house with 20kwh of server rack batteries. But I have 75Kwh worth of auto grad batteries that max charge at 64.8v. I've been using a Samlex 4048 to charge and use those batteries but the Samlex has it's own limitations (60amp max charge, can't ac couple it's output e.t.c).
That's why I bought a Rosie when I saw a deal on it online was going to be buy the Barcelona sooner or later. Once I heard about "The One" I put off buying anything. So my Rosie's just been sitting in it's box. Doing nothing, lol.

Last edited:
Yeah the price is hard to deny. I had heard tere may be a better screen coming but not sure if that will happen or what it will look like. I just researched Wills video with a basic comparison between the 18kpv and the 6000xp. The screen interface is much better. I have a 3000 ehv. 48 now and the screen and menus suck! I have to scroll multiple times to see PC input, supposed battery volts and load out. I will have to check what the 6000xp screen shows on its home screen. If its something a person plans to commit to for 10 plus years it may be worth the extra money.
Get Solar Assistant, you don't need to scroll thru the inverter screen and will have remote access. I have SA on my laptop in the shop and on my phone. I can access the data from the MPP LV6548's at anytime and anywhere there is cell service.

What kind of rumors are going around about inverters coming out this year? I really would like to get something in the upcoming months that outputs 240 volts.
SRNE stackable version of the ASF and the NHX was released and some members have been testing it while Watts247 keeps pushing for firmware changes.

Things are moving quickly in some regards, but some companies are wise to do extensive testing before release. I will be shopping for a pair of inverters for my shop and I am not in a hurry at this point. I have PV to install and a battery bank to build, plus get the shop wiring setup for an off grid system along with upgrades to the shop air conditioning by adding some mini splits.

Get Solar Assistant, you don't need to scroll thru the inverter screen and will have remote access. I have SA on my laptop in the shop and on my phone. I can access the data from the MPP LV6548's at anytime and anywhere there is cell service.
Will have to try that out and see if it works with the 3000 ehv. Hoping its not too complex. I have found my patience for software has shortened over the years. I will have to work on that😋.

Will have to try that out and see if it works with the 3000 ehv. Hoping its not too complex. I have found my patience for software has shortened over the years. I will have to work on that😋.
If you don't have a Victron Smart Shunt already, you will want to purchase and install one and plug it into Solar Assistant.

The emulated BMS setting in Solar Assistant that computes SOC is not accurate.

Can you explain what problems you have with the Hawkes Bay. I was about to purchase the Barcelona before I heard about "The One" 10k. That's pretty much kept everything on hold for me.
I have an OG Luxpower 12k that's powering my house with 20kwh of server rack batteries. But I have 75Kwh worth of auto grad batteries that max charge at 64.8v. I've been using a Samlex 4048 to charge and use those batteries but the Samlex has it's own limitations (60amp max charge, can't ac couple it's output e.t.c).
That's why I bought a Rosie when I saw a deal on it online was going to be buy the Barcelona sooner or later. Once I heard about "The One" I put off buying anything. So my Rosie's just been sitting in it's box. Doing nothing, lol.
No major problem other than no web support or phone app. I like that it is 600v input. Price is kind of issue too. 2 or 3 6000xp seems the way to go.

Back