diy solar

diy solar

Whole home solar and battery backup for new construction in NW Arkansas

S2krn

I am currently building an 1100 sq ft home with a 2000sq ft shop in NW Arkansas near Missouri. I would like to get a whole home solar install with battery backup and a ground mount array installed during my construction process. I’m interested in SolArk 15kw and EG4 18KW PV and likely to use EG4 LLS batteries for the project. Likely 10k-16K of solar panels, 30KWH of batteries, and at least a 15KW inverter.

I’m looking for the best place to purchase this that will also do “consult” type services or draw up a schematic to guide my electrician if he has any questions during install. Is there such a thing? I’ve been looking at Signature Solar and a few other online retailers, but I’m kind of torn on what the best option is for me. I haven’t found an “installer” near me that is offering the combination I’m looking for.

I’m still a month or two out from the start of electrical, but I’d like to start getting an idea of how I can incorporate this now rather than retrofitting later. Has anyone else done something similar to this?

Back