diy solar

diy solar

Will my Ecoflow Delta 1300 benefit from a solar cable with XT60i connector with 100 or 200 watts of solar panels or is XT60 good?

bcolins

I am installing a Bouge RV CIGS 100 watt panel on my van roof. It will be connected to my Ecoflow Delta 1300 (first Gen). the Delta powers my fridge which generally is pulling 40-60 watts when it is running. Wondering if the Delta 1300 will accept the XT60i plug and/or if it will benefit from it in this configuration. There is some small chance that a second CIGS panel might possibly be added in the future,......but frankly the chance of that is small.

IDT there is anything special about your panel. Is there? In the end it has one positive wire and one negative wire coming out of it, the same as every other 100w panel. Seems like you provided useless info, or is this info signifiant somehow?
The fridge is also useless info, or is it? What is on the other side of the battery is not important if you are asking if a certain plug will fit into your unit. Explain???
Are you just asking if your Delta will accept a certain plug? DO you have Delta in your possession and can you simply look at it? Can you check the specs online and see what it accepts? The specifics of what the Bouge can and cant do are specific to the Bouge, and that is best answered by Bouge or other Bouge owners. You might fine one here that knows, but generally you get advice on solar that is general in nature and not specific to Bouge.
If all else fails, cut the wire from the panel and splice in the proper wire/plug to fit your Delta.
If you add more panels later then splicing, cutting, re-making wires are all options, and several ways to connect multiple panels to one battery.

These all-in-one units are not always the best way to go for RV-type camping and travel. These are expensive compared to a battery and a controller. They are great if you must move your Bogue around all the time, but if it is meant to stay on the vehicle, then you bought the wrong thing. A battery bank, a charge controller and panels is the best method. guess youre stuck now.

Last edited:
You appear to have completely missed the point of my query. Its in the title: Will my ecoflow Delta 1300 benefit from a XT60i plug when used in conjunction with a 100-200 watt solar array,.....or is the standard XT60 sufficient. Thinking from your somewhat vague and useless response,.... Yeah, I just used your word there,.....that you are unfamiliar with the XT60 and XT60i plugs and what they do, so why would you even bother to respond. Know what you are talking about before responding. Guess I shouldnt expect much from someone from Sillyville. By the way,....I am not "Stuck" with my Ecoflow,....I purchased it and another Ecoflow for various purposes. They have done EXACTLY what I need them to do. There may be cheaper solutions,.....but they are NOT what I needed. "Cheap" may be what works for you,.....but not for me.

You appear to have completely missed the point of my query. Its in the title: Will my ecoflow Delta 1300 benefit from a XT60i plug when used in conjunction with a 100-200 watt solar array,.....or is the standard XT60 sufficient. Thinking from your somewhat vague and useless response,.... Yeah, I just used your word there,.....that you are unfamiliar with the XT60 and XT60i plugs and what they do, so why would you even bother to respond. Know what you are talking about before responding. Guess I shouldnt expect much from someone from Sillyville. By the way,....I am not "Stuck" with my Ecoflow,....I purchased it and another Ecoflow for various purposes. They have done EXACTLY what I need them to do. There may be cheaper solutions,.....but they are NOT what I needed. "Cheap" may be what works for you,.....but not for me.
Just use the standard xt60. I hook up 400 watts to mine on a descent day and pull in 350 watts or so. As you're limited to 400 watts at 60 volts I can't see needing a different plug. Just my opinion.

Back