diy solar

diy solar

Wire from Multiplus II 2x120 to AC breaker Panel

That wire looks to be correct for that amp rating, I ran the same wire in my 50A panel fifthwheel, from my multiplus 2x120
if that wire is exposed be careful to protect it.

That wire will only have a few strands in the multi strand wire. It will not be very flexible. You may be better off looking for some Marine wire that is 6/3+ground.

GearIT 6/4 6 AWG Portable Power Cable (25 Feet - 4 Conductor) SOOW 600V 6 Gauge Electric Wire for Motor Leads, Portable Lights, Battery Chargers, Stage Lights and Machinery -25ft Electrical Cord https://a.co/d/8Id8eZi

I found this 6/4 cord that it is “extension cord” type. Yes more flexible- you will need Ferrells for the ends and it costs more - but it may be worth it because it is more flexible. (Luckily I don’t have to run that cable ?).

That wire looks to be correct for that amp rating, I ran the same wire in my 50A panel fifthwheel, from my multiplus 2x120
if that wire is exposed be careful to protect it.
Thanks very much for the info! I ended up going with 6/4 SOOW cable because I routed under the coach, disconnected the shore power wire from breaker panel then spliced it with the SOOW to the Multiplus and then back to the breaker. I have to finish securing the wire tomorrow. It's a lot heavier than the Romex, more flexible & really expen$$$ive :-(

That wire will only have a few strands in the multi strand wire. It will not be very flexible. You may be better off looking for some Marine wire that is 6/3+ground.

GearIT 6/4 6 AWG Portable Power Cable (25 Feet - 4 Conductor) SOOW 600V 6 Gauge Electric Wire for Motor Leads, Portable Lights, Battery Chargers, Stage Lights and Machinery -25ft Electrical Cord https://a.co/d/8Id8eZi

I found this 6/4 cord that it is “extension cord” type. Yes more flexible- you will need Ferrells for the ends and it costs more - but it may be worth it because it is more flexible. (Luckily I don’t have to run that cable ?).
Thanks Rocketman! I ended picking up the SOOW reluctantly, and the stuff weights a ton, I needed 50 feet of the stuff, and you're right about the Ferrules, the strands are really fine. Tomorrow I'm securing all 50ft of it and wrapping it split loom, a ton or work. After that's done I have to run 325ft of PV wire, I'll be glad when the cabling is done! Cheers!

I finally finished running my 50ft of 6/4 SOOW cable and was easier than I thought it would be although tedious securing the wire every 12 in or so. I have a couple of questions before splicing the AC OUT from the Multiplus II to my existing breaker panel.
Is a 50A breaker needed for the AC IN line from shore power to the Multiplus II? The pedestal has a breaker as well I'm protected by a surge guard, should I add another 50A Dual Breaker to this line?

In the Multiplus II Manual it says that the AC-OUT-1 should be outfitted with a 75A circuit breaker to enable the power assist feature. Would anyone know about this?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Back