diy solar

diy solar

Wire size for batteris

AzTonopah

I have 3 - 12 volt 100amp each AGM batteries. To connect them together, what size wire should I use ?

That really comes down to the load you will be placing on them and how you will be configuring them. Are you planning on parallel or series? What will your peak current draw be, or what will you be running off them?

That really comes down to the load you will be placing on them and how you will be configuring them. Are you planning on parallel or series? What will your peak current draw be, or what will you be running off them?
They will be in parallel. No inverter. Peak draw at the most 100 watts. Just 12 volt lights, and 12 volt fridge .

With demands that low 10 gauge would be ample, you could certainly go lighter. You'll have charging of course so that may well be higher current than your load.

Started thinking of the rediculous question I asked. I should of known better...depends on the draw. Sorry guys

Started thinking of the rediculous question I asked. I should of known better...depends on the draw. Sorry guys
every question here is not a ridiculous question, this is the main purpose of this forum to help everybody, every day you learn new things including myself.

Back