diy solar

diy solar

wzrelb pure sine wave 5000w 24v power inverte

Photos are handy but a description is important. I see in the photos a Renogy SCC, your inverter, and the batteries. I do not know what PV you have, the settings of the Renogy for charging your batteries (is it set for Lithium?), nor much about your loads other than I see some what looks like battery packs for tools hanging on the wall beneath your inverter. It is unclear where they get power from.

One thing that bothers me is your use of red wires from the SCC on both the positive and negative SCC's battery output terminals. This can lead to not knowing if the other end of them is wired with correct polarity. They do not seemed to be wired to your batteries correctly. For series 24vDC they would need to be wired to one battery out positive and the other batteries out negative. The jumper from between battery neg/pos would have no SCC wires to it.
I wasn't sure of the polarity because the manual says if 2 or more batteries are used you must jump from battery 1 negative to battery 2 positive so I connected the renogy to only the 1st battery

I am getting my power from one solar panel.

Solar Panel 200W Monocrystalline PV Module Power for Battery Boat Rvs Cabin (200W)​

I wasn't sure of the polarity because the manual says if 2 or more batteries are used you must jump from battery 1 negative to battery 2 positive so I connected the renogy to only the 1st battery
So Im guessing then that the positive from the Renogy should go on the terminal that has the positive cable attached coming from the inverter??

Which meant that you were just charging one battery. Follow proper setup of your Renogy after disconnecting it entirely by PV first than battery. Reconnect your wires and than connect the SCC before connecting PV.

In the image below is series hookup. Your inverter and the SCC wires will hook up to the non jumpered terminals

Attachments

• 1711817737968.png
    1711817737968.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Which meant that you were just charging one battery. Follow proper setup of your Renogy after disconnecting it entirely by PV first than battery. Reconnect your wires and than connect the SCC before connecting PV.

In the image below is series hookup. Your inverter and the SCC wires will hook up to the non jumpered terminals
Thanks to all that have responded trying to help. So I did try doing just that and the renogy battery display started flashing so I am completely confused at this point

Also a single 200w panel with voc of 23v will never charge a 28v system
For what I was charging and powering I didn't think I needed 2 of them. Funny thing is I had bought 2 to begin with and returned it thinking that it was too much! I may also only be fine with 1 battery you think????

For what I was charging and powering I didn't think I needed 2 of them. Funny thing is I had bought 2 to begin with and returned it thinking that it was too much! I may also only be fine with 1 battery you think????
Your inverter is 24vDC. All your components must be sized to meet this. 1 battery of 24vDC is actually better when is LiFePO4 because two 12v ones will become imbalanced with their separate BMS's.

Your system needs a redesign. Typically you start with the loads you need powered and then you work to build your supply to meet the loads (and some more for system losses).

Your inverter is 24vDC. All your components must be sized to meet this. 1 battery of 24vDC is actually better when is LiFePO4 because two 12v ones will become imbalanced with their separate BMS's.

Your system need a redesign. Typically you start with the loads you need powered and then you work to build your supply to meet the loads (and some more for system losses).
Ok. Well I guess I need to go battery shopping again. Thank you for the info.

Ok. Well I guess I need to go battery shopping again. Thank you for the info.
At this point you are set up for a small 12v system, just wrong inverter.

That inverter is too big for what you need anyhow from the sounds of it.

Maybe a cheap 12v inverter around 1000w would suffice for charging your tool batteries. Least expensive route rather than buying another battery and solar panel

I guess at this point to not just be throwing money away I need to ask as to how to proceed? New battery perhaps with 24v DC?

Back