diy solar

diy solar

XUBA:: How long is it taking you guys to get your XUBA shipments??

Yep, sounds like you have way more experience than me :) - this is my first pack - I think I'll just buy the $250 48v AIMS inverter to test with and then sell it on Craigslist once I'm done -I've posted at link below what my plan is for capacity testing:

With these high-capacity battery packs, I think it's definitely worth it to have a way to put bulk energy in and out.

Disassembling and reassembling everything is a hassle, but hopefully it only has to be done once or twice. (If you think the balance is close enough, you might even get away with just letting the BMS balance the cells, so zero re-wires.)

I ordered four of the 280ah cells on 6/17/20, advertising on the Xuba web site said 15 days processing and 25 days shipping, that's forty days. That would put the delivery to the USA port at 7/27/20. I'm in the Santa Barbara area so very close to LA. I received the cells YESTERDAY ! That's some pretty accurate shipping estimate on the part of Xuba. Forty days half way across the planet and less than twenty-four hours delivery from FedEx. So now the testing begins. The packaging was in as good a shape as could be expected considering how long it's been traveling and the cells were in perfect physical condition. First look has them all within 3 millivolts of each other; 3.332, 3.332, 3.330, 3.329. Not Bad .... let the bottom balancing begin.

I ordered 32 ; 280AH Eve cells from Xuba on June 1st. Just received my Fedex notice; schedule to be delivered 8/4 ( Portland Area). So about 65 days.

Placed a 16 count + 600a chargery BMS last night. Guess we'll see how long they take to get to long Beach California

I ordered up 12 60 amp cells a few days ago. I'm making two different batteries for my camper and a second project. 280 AH was overkill for me and a 120 and 60 AH battery seemed about right for what I am doing.

I ordered 16 120Ah Higee cells from XUBA - shipped July 15th - FedEx notice was just updated with delivery estimate of August 18th to Seattle, WA = 35 days for shipping.

ordered 7/27/20
fed ex notice 8/30/20
estimated delivery 9.3.20
39 days

I thought I was going to have my batteries three days ago. FedEx provided that as a delivery date. The batteries were a no-show so I started checking the status on-line. FedEx is now playing "Hide The Batteries". Starting four days ago, the batteries have been in 5 cities, all within 45 miles of me. I would have picked them up from the terminal, but they keep moving them around.

It's kinda sad .... Fex Ex used to be the absolute best and fastest way to ship things .... now they are very unreliable. On two separate occasions lately where I had text message tracking turned on for a package, I got a message that they attempted to deliver but couldn't because no one was at home. I was at home. When they finally did deliver it, they just dropped it on the front step and left. Don't think they even rang the doorbell or knocked on the door. There was no requirement for a signature on either one of those packages.
Hope you get those batteries before they completely tear up the boxes.

So i am on day 35 now of waiting for my 280aH Xuba batteries to even reach FEDEX in the States ... my two other orders from 2 other companies have already been here for two weeks and already installed.

My question is - how long are your guys XUBA batteries taking ???
mine got to door 6 weeks after going to bank

My first shipment was exactly 30 days from shipment notification to arrival. Still waiting on my second shipment.

I just got SMS notification that my shipment ordered on August 6th is now in Carson CA and have been scanned into the FEDEX system.

Ordered 8 more cells from Amy and she shipped them Aug 6th. Just got my fedex notice that they will be here the 8th. 32 days makes me wonder if they went by sea or not.

Greg

Ordered 8 more cells from Amy and she shipped them Aug 6th. Just got my fedex notice that they will be here the 8th. 32 days makes me wonder if they went by sea or not.

Greg

We ordered the same day :) I think we were just lucky that they go on a boat quickly. When I lived in Saipan, it was about 14 day shipping time. We would regularly get mail that came by ship in about 3 weeks to 4 weeks (from the mainland and processed through Hawaii).

Sorry to revive old thread but I get the idea that ordering in the next 30-45 days might not be a good idea due to Chinese New Year disruption.

Since this would be my first buy (~16 280ah) Im trying not to make a huge noob mistake.

Also, is there a thread for group buys ?

Sorry to revive old thread but I get the idea that ordering in the next 30-45 days might not be a good idea due to Chinese New Year disruption.

Since this would be my first buy (~16 280ah) Im trying not to make a huge noob mistake.

Also, is there a thread for group buys ?

There is a group buy thread near the bottom of the main forum page but you'll want to give time for people to join and advertise your group buy in several places.

30 days is around average from what I have seen and experienced. I live in a port city and took around 25 days to get here and clear customs and 24 hours for FedEx to deliver. Covid is still delaying stuff for us here in the states.

My second to last order took 50 days. That was three months ago and I am two days from the port in which they arrived. My last order shipped the seventh of December and I hear the ports are slower so I expect that the latest one might be a little longer.

Back