diy solar

diy solar

Y cables, what are they really called?

cajocars

I'm trying to google and find the Y cables to connect to multple terminals on the bms but nothing comes up.

What are they really called (in the UK perhaps)?
Can I buy them or do I need to make my own?

I think you are making your own. This is two wires into one lug right?
For one of my builds I put a bar across the BMS terminals and connected a single lug and wire to one.

I think you are making your own. This is two wires into one lug right?
For one of my builds I put a bar across the BMS terminals and connected a single lug and wire to one.
Do you have a picture of your setup by any chance. I planned to do the same (bridge BMS terminals with copper bar) and connect a single lug to one of the screws. Is there any downside in an electrical sense (even load split)?

Do you have a picture of your setup by any chance. I planned to do the same (bridge BMS terminals with copper bar) and connect a single lug to one of the screws. Is there any downside in an electrical sense (even load split)?
Sorry no pictures. I cut one of the cell bus bars shorter to fit and drilled a 6mm hole for the bolt. Maybe rounded off the corners a bit with a hand file. Not much to it. Both terminal are directly connected on the BMS board so the bus across is just to carry some of the current that should be spread to both. I was not comfortable using a single terminal without the bar across.

I ended up doing the same, 200mm copper flat bar cut in half and drilled 3 holes in each (7mm I think); I used a bolt and nut for the central ring terminal connection (couldn’t find my tapping kit to make a thread)

Back