diy solar

diy solar

>12 EG4 Lifepower batteries?

Shinzul

Solar Enthusiast
I'm considering expanding my current ~61kWh battery (12 eg4 Lifepower batteries combined) to 2x this, but due to the lack of dip switches, the EG4 batteries can't be expanded for communication with more than 1215 batteries.

What do people recommend for adding more batteries to this setup? @EG4_Ty, any thoughts?

Last edited:
Hello Schinzul, With the EG4 Lifepower4 48v batteries you can close loop communicate with a maximum of 15 batteries (I have attached a diagram of the different DIP switch configurations). If you would like to add more 48v Lifepower4s to your bank you can add the EG4 communication hub to your system and parallel up to 30 batteries while still closed-loop communicating, here is a link to this product https://eg4electronics.com/categories/communication/eg4-lifepower4-communication-hub. If you have any questions regarding this please DM me and I will be happy to help!

Attachments

• 4 DIP ID chart.PNG
    4 DIP ID chart.PNG
    115.3 KB · Views: 6
Hello Schinzul, With the EG4 Lifepower4 48v batteries you can close loop communicate with a maximum of 15 batteries (I have attached a diagram of the different DIP switch configurations). If you would like to add more 48v Lifepower4s to your bank you can add the EG4 communication hub to your system and parallel up to 30 batteries while still closed-loop communicating, here is a link to this product https://eg4electronics.com/categories/communication/eg4-lifepower4-communication-hub. If you have any questions regarding this please DM me and I will be happy to help!
Got it! That's great, good to know.

Out of curiosity, what would your recommendation be if someone wanted to go beyond the 30 parallel limit for some reason?

Got it! That's great, good to know.

Out of curiosity, what would your recommendation be if someone wanted to go beyond the 30 parallel limit for some reason?
It would depend on your inverter. If you had the EG4 18kPV there is a setting for sharing your bank with another 18kpv. If you disable this setting you could have a bank of 30 48v Lifepower4s and Com Hub going to 1 18kpv and another bank of 30 and Com Hub going to the second 18kpv.

I'm considering expanding my current ~61kWh battery (12 eg4 Lifepower batteries combined) to 2x this, but due to the lack of dip switches, the EG4 batteries can't be expanded for communication with more than 1215 batteries.

What do people recommend for adding more batteries to this setup? @EG4_Ty, any thoughts?
EG4 Comm Hub

Back