diy solar

diy solar

2 Tesla in Series 500ah/1000ah?

Todd

Does this make sense to put two Tesla batteries in series (48v). MPPT the solar array so 48v exceeded. Then step it down to 12vDC before hitting the bus from the Tesla’s. Then using a 48v to 120vac inverter.
Does this giving me almost 1000ah at 12v?

You need solar array open circuit voltage of 80 volts for that battery bank. But yeah, that would work. 10.4 kwh / 12v = 866ah

Wow. That really solves a weight issue on my sailboat. And takes away all constraints for electrics. Love your vids Will.

Im considering 2 teslas in series for my shed system. For the price, you cannot beat it. Really powerful system.

And thanks! :D

Does this make sense to put two Tesla batteries in series (48v). MPPT the solar array so 48v exceeded. Then step it down to 12vDC before hitting the bus from the Tesla’s. Then using a 48v to 120vac inverter.
Does this giving me almost 1000ah at 12v?
Can I ask why the stepdown to 12v. is it just to run systems?

Can I ask why the stepdown to 12v. is it just to run systems?
Application is a sailboat - all systems are 12v. I’m still researching. Thinking of moving away from Tesla due to risks. It solved my weight issues. But not sure about real risk of fire. Hard to tell as I can find no real data on frequency of events and conditions.

Application is a sailboat - all systems are 12v. I’m still researching. Thinking of moving away from Tesla due to risks. It solved my weight issues. But not sure about real risk of fire. Hard to tell as I can find no real data on frequency of events and conditions.

research the following Tesla controller - handles 24v or 48v

Back