diy solar

diy solar

767 Anker and Micro Air Easy Start

JorgeH

Puzzle,

I’m a beginner; installed a Micro Air Easy Start on my Dometiq Air Conditioning System to allowed my Anker 767 Generator to run my AC. Followed all the installation steps, Micro Air Bluetooth gives me all green, AC starts but is not cooling. When I used my AC house connection then it does cool. What is my problem?

What size is that generator?

Does the Bluetooth app give you any more info?

Thank you for the response, it made me look into it a little more and came up short.

My Solar Generator is an Anker 760 with a 2048WH and 2400W. I’m using a Micro Easy Start but came up short. See the Micro Easy Start calculations below:

RV air conditioner:
I want to use a 2500-watt surge, 2200 watt rated generator with my RV air conditioner. I only camp at lower elevations below 4000 feet. Will it work?
  • Compressor nameplate current: RLA COOL: 12.4 amps
  • Fan nameplate amps: FAN RLA: 2.7 amps
  • Total current: 12.4+2.7 = 15.1 amps
  • Total power = 15.1 x 120 (volts) = 1812 watts.
  • Loss operating at 4000 feet: 4 x 3.5% = 14%
  • Required wattage: 1812 x 1.14 = 2066 watts
  • Generator continuous output: 2200 watts
Yes. At your full elevation, you will need to be sure other loads are off. If you operate near sea level, you will have some available power for other loads as well.

When you are running the air conditioner on the ACHouse connection, if you open the ez start app and go to “Status” it will tell you what the LRA (locked rotor amps) of the compressor is. You need a few more amps than that to start the A/C.

Sometimes you just have to test a certain combination to see if it will work - especially if it is close to max.

Since you have the Bluetooth enabled model, have you looked at the running diagnostics from the EasyStart app?
I'd start there and then send the logs to Micro-air and they have excellent technical support.

Also, did you let the EasyStart perform it's 5 learning operations before you tried using the Anker to run? If not you probably need to plug back into shore power and use the relearn feature in the app until the system has at least 5 starts. Don't try to force it, just let it have 5 startups under regular shore power to figure out the best settings for your unit.

Back