diy solar

diy solar

a important question

Carlton

good day to you all,i have been lurking around in here for quite a while now ,and have learned a lot by reading the posts that some of you experts have posted and the great deal of help we all gained from your expert help
the question i would like to ask ,what would be the effect if one of the current sharing wires were shorter than the other.i ask this because of an issue i am having with paralleling three EG46000ex

Parallel inverters providing the same phase of power need to have identical length (resistance) wires to the panel, and they shouldn't be too beefy. Failure to do so will result in uneven loads on the inverters.

See the link in line #5 of my signature, section 6.7.

thank you,i ask this question because on an install i did we are having lots of error codes popping up, after removing all the wires and inspecting them i found that one of the current sharing wires is 2 inches shorter than the other

thank you,i ask this question because on an install i did we are having lots of error codes popping up, after removing all the wires and inspecting them i found that one of the current sharing wires is 2 inches shorter than the other

I would not expect errors. Simply that the inverter with the 2 inch shorter cable would provide more than its fair share of power.

Back