diy solar

diy solar

Access to GC2 batteries in Rv basement

Dave_2u

About to assemble my battery bank (4 Gc2 6v) in my rv basement compartment. I foresee a problem later trying to service these lead acid batteries, due to limited space. I only have 5 inches of space above the batteries. I’ve inserted a sheet of 1/2in plywood as flooring in this metal 31 x 21.5 x 18 tall space. I’m asking for some suggestions from anyone that may have had this problem. Otherwise I might have to disconnect all of the 2/O cables and remove the batteries every time I need to service them. Thanks for any advice.

A picture might assist us in visualizing your situation. I've only 2½" of clearance above mine. I employ the watering system which solves ½ the problem. Still need to slide them out to take specific gravity readings. My cable arrangement accommodates this though.

A picture might assist us in visualizing your situation. I've only 2½" of clearance above mine. I employ the watering system which solves ½ the problem. Still need to slide them out to take specific gravity readings. My cable arrangement accommodates this though.
Thanks for the reply. I’ll certainly need to leave some slack.

Back