diy solar

diy solar

Active balancer for 48v agm storage

frankz66

Hello everyone, I saw that there are active balancers for 12v batteries in series (48v), According to your point of view, do they really need them or not for AGMs in series?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-12 alle 15.07.35.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-12 alle 15.07.35.png
    381.9 KB · Views: 4
Use them and the voltages on 16 batteries were all close after 12 hours to within 0.1V.

Use them and the voltages on 16 batteries were all close after 12 hours to within 0.1V.
Thank you, so you advise me to use them. My batteries are 12v 110 amps c100 in series ( 48v) . In the image, is that product good as technical characteristics? Thank you
Also, what model did you use?

Last edited:
They do what they say they do.

Does it make any difference ? I don't know.

I used the ones without the LED's as I saw posts that the LED's stop reporting the correct voltages and I can easily check with digital meters which confirm the voltages are balanced.

I was thinking why for lead-acid batteries I don't see many posts about battery balancing. Technically, balancing the batteries with the balancer I posted, in technical terms what would be the best made to the accumulation?

I wanted to express my opinion as a beginner on this, and I believe that by balancing the cells even if leaded, the accumulation consisting of 4 batteries at 12v therefore with equal voltages, should not have small absorption between the different batteries and deliver a more linear power, a discharge and a more homogeneous charge. But not only is it worth it. This is my opinion as a beginner. Can someone give me their opinion on this?

Back