diy solar

diy solar

All in one 48 volt system circuit breaker help!

freepower2023

I purchased a sungold power 48 volt 6kw inverter.
I am having trouble locating a 125 amp 48 to 52 volt dc NON POLARIZED din breaker.
I want to install the breaker between the inverter and battery.
Since this is an all in one inverter,
Current will be going in one direction during discharge and the opposite direction during charging.
From what I have heard....dc breakers don't like bi directional current!
Can anyone direct me to a source of breakers that are not POLARIZED for Current in one direction only??
Thanks!

I purchased a sungold power 48 volt 6kw inverter.
I am having trouble locating a 125 amp 48 to 52 volt dc NON POLARIZED din breaker.
I want to install the breaker between the inverter and battery.
Since this is an all in one inverter,
Current will be going in one direction during discharge and the opposite direction during charging.
From what I have heard....dc breakers don't like bi directional current!
Can anyone direct me to a source of breakers that are not POLARIZED for Current in one direction only??
Thanks!

I use this style, they are made for this:

You know what confuses me?
I see so many reviews and teardown of rack mount battery's. These commercial batteries have a dc circuit breaker on the front panel.
Seeing that, and the fact they are only protecting the positive wire.
Won't those battery packs also be a fire hazzard?
How do they fuse their battery and have it work and still be able to sell it as safe?

Since charging will be lower than drain, if you use a polarized dc breaker, and current from battery is input, the lower charging current won’t pose a disconnect issue.

I have watched videos where when recharging these rack mount batteries they were recharging near the 100 amp range.
However....not one video showed anyone turning off the battery using the circuit breaker while charging or discharging.
Maybe they know they have a problem and don't want to call attention to it.
The breaker on the front panel is the only means of connecting and disconnecting the battery from either the charger or load in an emergency.

Back