diy solar

diy solar

Any help please.

Brad I

Hi Everyone,

I just finished setting up a 4 x 48V with 4 x 100Ah JBD SP25s003 V1.2 16s BMS's, Epever Tracer 5420AN, 50A 200V, (which I have only changed to "user " for Lifepo4 cells), then on to a Moes grid tranfer switch and 2500w sine wave inverter.
At this point I have not connected PV. Before I changed BMS settings to Overkill settings, which are in a file on the app, the mppt turned on no problem, but now nothing. I then changed the settings to Andy's setttings from off grid garage, still nothing. Voltage is now showing 28.8v, how ?
The MPPT should work between 8v-68v. All batts are @53.3v. Should the MPPT have been set up before the BMS's ? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brad.

I've found that your BMS needs load and charging source connected to come to life. Your SCC needs to see the battery to wake up as well. Not sure this is the best approach but if you jump the battery Neg. across to the SCC it wakes up and the system all comes to life.
Thanks for that. I can't work out why the voltage coming from BMS's has dropped to around 28v. They were turning on fine with the factory default settings, at which point I had a whole 53v +/-. Only after changing to above mentioned settings did I have issues.

Thanks for that. I can't work out why the voltage coming from BMS's has dropped to around 28v. They were turning on fine with the factory default settings, at which point I had a whole 53v +/-. Only after changing to above mentioned settings did I have issues.
BMS is probly in protection mode after you fuged up the settings. Just a thought.

Back