diy solar

diy solar

Anyone heard of or used Eveready battery which is compatible with all inverter brand?

Zack Lin

My friend plans to build his own solar system recently. He told me there is a manufacturer claiming their battery is compatible with all the inverter brand.
Besides, this model is with AC coupled function.
I am confused about that, any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Battery spec can be seen in the attachment.

Attachments

• TechSpecs-Eveready-Primary-digi.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
What specifically do you not understand from the spec sheet?

Perhaps the terms and abbreviations page in the FAQ can help with that part

Based on the diagram given in the data sheet, I take "Compatible with all inverter brands" to mean it doesn't have anything at all to do with those inverters (except for measuring their current with a CT).
It charges its battery from the grid, probably backfeeds the grid for peak shaving, can supply a backup loads panel when grid is down. When grid is down, those other (GT PV) inverters are shut off. when battery gets run down, backup loads shut off; no recharge from solar.

when battery gets run down, backup loads shut off; no recharge from solar
Saying basically unless you had a separate solar charging option or a gasoline generator behind a transfer switch scheme it’s not going to have any autonomy.
am confused about that, any suggestions will be much appreciated
So now I understand this question better- and other than ‘how’ Hedges’ comment enlightens that.
Eveready products appears to not be available for USA, but is similar to the Rich Solar 5kWh Energy Storage System which sounds both expensive and affordable at the same time. At least from this ad. But rich device is not grid feedback

The eveready box appears intended for a critical loads subpanel at 3000W max.

The Rich product appears to be solar line voltage mppt so when any grid cracks appear it should keep on trucking. It advertises 120V and also suggests 6.5kWh for more instantaneous output headroom than the eveready that appears to be 230V/Australian but apparently is not grid feedback. Specs say off-grid. So some won’t find that advantageous. Different end goal I guess.

Back