diy solar

diy solar

Anyone heard of this buck converter?

myersfamilyhome

Was thinking about adding a large buck converter to add redundancy in the case where the 48v inverter fails and my only option is local 12v resources. I came across this beast of a converter and was curious what other's thought about it.

Tian Power DCDC 175A 2500W 48V to 12V Buck Converter and 20A 1000W 12V to 48V Boost Bidirectional Converter with CAN Communication, High Power Automotive Driving Charger for RV, Truck, Forklift https://a.co/d/akRM6UD

What would the 12v resources be? I'm o ly adding because that seems like it's overkill to run 12v lights and appliances. Personally I use multiple 240 watt buck converters. It is cheaper and adds a bit of redundancy. Not knowing exactly your plan though....

What would the 12v resources be? I'm o ly adding because that seems like it's overkill to run 12v lights and appliances. Personally I use multiple 240 watt buck converters. It is cheaper and adds a bit of redundancy. Not knowing exactly your plan though....
Resources that you can find like 12v inverters, automotive relays, lights, etc. If my 48v inverters die and I need to be able to keep things running like fridge, deep freeze, etc I can go down the street and buy a 12v inverter and I'm back in business

I run Victron 75/15 MPPT via 10A input fuse as 48V to 12V step down converter to power my 12V DC loads buffered by 12V LFP battery. It's at least 96% efficient and has all the blutooth app monitoring benefits of its larger 150/60 cousin running the PV system.

Resources that you can find like 12v inverters, automotive relays, lights, etc. If my 48v inverters die and I need to be able to keep things running like fridge, deep freeze, etc I can go down the street and buy a 12v inverter and I'm back in business
So the small 12v stuff wouldn't be a problem. I would worry about that thing getting hot running a 12v inverter large enough to power large appliances. For that kind of money consider a backup 48v inverter. Just my 2 cents.

So the small 12v stuff wouldn't be a problem. I would worry about that thing getting hot running a 12v inverter large enough to power large appliances. For that kind of money consider a backup 48v inverter. Just my 2 cents.
After coming across this particular one that supports 2500w bidirectional it made me wonder if with all that power supported by it why wouldn't it be a good candidate for an emergency 12v inverter. And the bidirectional really sounds great!

After coming across this particular one that supports 2500w bidirectional it made me wonder if with all that power supported by it why wouldn't it be a good candidate for an emergency 12v inverter. And the bidirectional really sounds great!
Well if you get it, it would be great to see how it works please give us a report!

Back