diy solar

diy solar

Bad connections

I put the T-gun on my primary several times, specifically when I noted the load was really high, and the room ambient was also very high. This unit was intermittently used (Only while charging the cars). I don't think I ever hit it with the gun while in use. I had one other of these fail, it was a 60A 2-pole unit but the failure was on the relay not actuating, not the primary contacts (It still worked manually).

This unit was in play to switch EV charging from the inverters to the grid if my load exceeded 95-100A. I now have a smart EVSE, that floats the charge current based on SOC. Once I hook in a current selector to the algorithm to float it down based on load, I might just eliminate it completely.

For now, I have several spares, and they started making a 120A version. I downgraded the breaker on my panel to 100A, to match the relay, so long term I'll bump it back as I re-wire for the solar outbuilding.
The EV charging is a good test. I’m using it strictly as a manual switch.

OMG. From the picture I envisioned this to be MUCH smaller. I picked up a larger ATS. I actually like it, ordered a box for the outside wall to put it in, long term I'm moving my stuff, figured I'd start now, but I was expecting something around 1/2 this size, It's ~12x6x8. I got a big deep outdoor cabinet for it coming. Reality is I'm switching less and less as I build out the system, ... Wiring the ATS part is much more complex, but 2/0 should not be a problem on this puppy.

1711675666783.png

1711676015229.png

OMG. From the picture I envisioned this to be MUCH smaller. I picked up a larger ATS. I actually like it, ordered a box for the outside wall to put it in, long term I'm moving my stuff, figured I'd start now, but I was expecting something around 1/2 this size, It's ~12x6x8. I got a big deep outdoor cabinet for it coming. Reality is I'm switching less and less as I build out the system, ... Wiring the ATS part is much more complex, but 2/0 should not be a problem on this puppy.

Beefy! 😍

Back