diy solar

diy solar

Batrium vs Seplos BMS ?

great - I'll search out some of your threads for more details.
also you might want to @Sanwizard out..
i know he has bought a huge amount of the seplos batteries .
i know he was moving , so not sure he assembled and is using it all yet.
but he should be able to give you a good idea

Battrium only does 500ma balancing right? Why not go for JK BMS? Simple and elegant. Zero reasons to go with Seplos over JK if you don't need inverter comms
I have both the Batrium core with k9s and JKs running. I have 4 k9s on one bank and 4 jks on the other side of the trip breaker. I’d rather be running some more of the Overkills as they are less of a worry to me. Plus, it’s about the solar power, for me, not wanting to constantly play with an rector set. I’m in the process of buying some of the new 200a diy boxes from basen, and hope they are set it and forget it.

Home setup - 16 305Ah cells 16s. Originally with Seplos 200a v3 bms worked fine (actually really well after playing around with settings) and can bus communication to 8kw sunsynk/deye inverter until I tried to upgrade firmware, without decent instructions managed to brick the bms, no pc communication so no chance of going back to original firmware. Emailed Seplos over a month ago about possible solution without any reply.
Now replaced with new JK inverter bms - working fine but early days and not tried upgrading firmware.
Work setup - 96 280Ah cells 96s. Batrium watchmon core with 6 k9's and expansion board. Communicating over can bus with 50kw sunsynk/deye high voltage 3 phase inverter no problems. All instructions/settings available on the internet but you do have to search a bit to find them. Technical support via email very good - replies within one or two at most working days even with 12 hour time difference Australia U.K. Battery charge/discharge control very extensive.
In my experience both Seplos and JK work well for straight forward setups but without much if any support from the manufacturers.
Batrium is more expensive for a simple setup and you have to factor in extra components (disconnect contactors, power supplies etc) but for more complex setups the rest just can't compete.
Alternative might be DIYbms but you have to build that yourself - not tried it so can't comment.

Back