diy solar

diy solar

Battery manufacturer confusion

Tulex

Solar Wizard
Very confused about who makes batteries.

I ordered batteries from China. Will do a write up of the company I ordered from in the next few days.
But, I ordered CatL batteries, but they were back ordered, so they asked If I would be OK with Eve. I said yes.
Got the batteries, they came with an inspection report that is stamped with EVE. Codes match the report, QR is clean.
But, the sticker that the company that sold them put on them say they are Keheng batteries.
Scan the code, they say they are eve.
Also, when searching QR code info, it appears there are 2 eve companies, Eve, and Eve Power.
When I go to the Keheng site, there is this note:
"②Shenguan is a direct seller of CATL, LISHEN, EVE, GOTION, Narada, TAFEL, CALB, REPT and other batteries. We have fresh stock, ready for shipment. Support ODM&OEM, please contact the store customer service to provide customized requirements."
How does Shenguan come into play?

Adding to all of this, go to different sites and look at their batteries. Eve 304ah for example. Some have eye shaped plastic around the posts, some are round. Some have the QR code right up to the vent, some have a space with a small strip of the black between the vent and QR code. Read the specs. From site to site, the physical dimensions vary for the same battery.

Last edited:
Very confused about who makes batteries.

I ordered batteries from China. Will do a write up of the company I ordered from in the next few days.
But, I ordered CatL batteries, but they were back ordered, so they asked If I would be OK with Eve. I said yes.
Got the batteries, they came with an inspection report that is stamped with EVE. Codes match the report, QR is clean.
But, the sticker that the company that sold them put on them say they are Keheng batteries.
Scan the code, they say they are eve.
Also, when searching QR code info, it appears there are 2 eve companies, Eve, and Eve Power.
When I go to the Keheng site, there is this note:
"②Shenguan is a direct seller of CATL, LISHEN, EVE, GOTION, Narada, TAFEL, CALB, REPT and other batteries. We have fresh stock, ready for shipment. Support ODM&OEM, please contact the store customer service to provide customized requirements."
How does Shenguan come into play?

Adding to all of this, go to different sites and look at their batteries. Eve 304ah for example. Some have eye shaped plastic around the posts, some are round. Some have the QR code right up to the vent, some have a space with a small strip of the black between the vent and QR code. Read the specs. From site to site, the physical dimensions vary for the same battery.
Hi Tulex, we are a LiFePO4 battery packs manufacturer from China.
According to our experience, CATL only sell their cells to their authorized distributors, so if a personal use customers want to buy CATL cells, they can only get it from distributors. Besides, CATL is absolutely more expensive than other brand cells.
As for the QR code and physical dimensions, you can scan through EVE official shop on Alibaba(https://evebatteryglobal.en.alibaba.com/).
Think about it, which distributor can offer better price and quality than the manufacturer?

Last edited:
Hi Tulex, we are a LiFePO4 battery packs manufacturer from China.
According to our experience, CATL only sell their cells to their authorized distributors, so if a personal use customers want to buy CATL cells, they can only get it from distributors. Besides, CATL is absolutely more expensive than other brand cells.
As for the QR code and physical dimensions, you can scan through EVE official shop on Alibaba(https://evebatteryglobal.en.alibaba.com/).
Think about it, which distributor can offer better price and quality than the manufacturer?
My experience...

I purchased my batteries from DIYPOW. Because of some damaged batteries on delivery, I had extended conversation with them.
Apparently, DIYPOW is a subsidiary of Keneng, a company that manufactures batteries.
Interestingly, DIYPOW does not sell Keneng batteries, but they do sell CATL and Eve batteries. I asked why a subsidiary of Keneng would be selling the competition's batteries. They said that being a manufacturer, they can buy directly from other manufactures and sell to the public. That the public can't buy "Grade A" batteries from Eve. Doesn't really explain why they would do it though.

So, before I knew any of this, I ordered CATL batteries. They were back ordered, so they asked if they could substitute Eve batteries. I said OK. Received the batteries with clean QR codes and reports that matched. But, the batteries had a sticker on them from DIYPOW that said Keheng. Code scan says they are Eve batteries. Physical properties match Eve batteries. I asked why they say Keheng, they said it's the parent company, it goes on all batteries they sell. And, when my account was charged, it was charged to Keheng.

Go to the Keheng site, they use the same pictures as the DIYPOW site.

Back