diy solar

diy solar

Battery Polarity

JJJJ

Aspiring apprentice
This is old news to almost everyone in the group. I wanted to post this however for those who might be new to using battery cells for DIY projects.

I recently received some CATL cells from refurbished EV packs. These were repackaged into "like new" cells.

I am certain that this has been posted multiple times on this forum. However, a multimeter can be your best friend when you build battery packs.

There are some good videos on youtube which discuss multimeter usage. I found them helpful as I continue to learn myself.

Experienced users will tell you that it is essential to check the polarity of each cell before you put it into service. Vendors can, from time to time, put the top label on backwards. I experienced this in the recent shipment with one of my cells. After checking and rechecking with the multimeter, I quickly relabeled each terminal to make sure it was used properly in the actual build.

Again, I understand this is basic information and old news to almost everyone. If this helps only one person, I would consider it worth posting.

Back