diy solar

diy solar

Battery Post Heat

OP here. Finally have only one connection on the positive battery 250a fuse. I moved the inverter connection to the bus. As several of you predicted, this cleared up the issue of the terminal getting hot. Thanks to all for your help.
jor

Attachments

• battery comp, one connection on batt (may, 2024).jpeg
    battery comp, one connection on batt (may, 2024).jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 7
OP here. Finally have only one connection on the positive battery 250a fuse. I moved the inverter connection to the bus. As several of you predicted, this cleared up the issue of the terminal getting hot. Thanks to all for your help.
jor

This may be cleared up but I still see a potential problem - a lug followed by the MRBF followed by a lug. Would be better to have a bus bar and connect both batteries to it with equal length cables. MRBF on each battery equal to 125% of that batteries capacity - i.e. if it is a 100amp BMS use 125amp fuses. The way you have it now if a battery has a short in it the other will dump current right into and potentially cause a lot of heat.

and if you are stacking lugs on the negative side see if you can eliminate those as well.

Actually I have a blue sea that looks just like your bottom picture. It was in blue sea packaging but says Eaton on the side.

Back